Too late to buy transfers

jmelnick

I waited too long to buy transfers to our cruise this Sunday. It looks like Princess has a 7 day cut off. They told me where and when the Princess rep will be at the airport. They said I could just go to them and say I need transportation and I would be accommodated. Has anyone done this? I'd rather go with Princess transfers. Taxi fares in Houston are sky high.

I waited too long to buy transfers to our cruise this Sunday. It looks like Princess has a 7 day cut off. They told me where and when the Princess rep will be at the airport. They said I could just go to them and say I need transportation and I would be accommodated. Has anyone done this? I'd rather go with Princess transfers. Taxi fares in Houston are sky high.

Head to baggage claim........Yes just see the rep at the airport. She/he will have them charged to your shipboard account. If you need return transfers just get them onboard. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We ran into this in Houston last year. They actually "sold out" of transfer spots around a month before our scheduled departure. We were shocked. We didn't want to take the chance we'd get to baggage claim and find we couldn't get a seat as a 'walk on'.

Luckily we were staying in the Hiuston area a few days and had planned to use a rental car. Instead of returning the car to Bush we changed and dropped it at Hobby which was much closer to the port and gave us a cheaper taxi fare. The rental was about the same but and the taxi ran $70 I think. We were not boarding in Galveston though and not sure about yours leaves from. Depending on how many are in your group the taxi may be cheaper than Princess transfers anyway.

You can definitely buy the post cruise transfer onboard ship. For the Houston Bayport terminal to IAH we found to cost to be less than a taxi. It is about an hour long trip.

For the outgoing pre-cruise transfer you should probably follow the advice below, with a taxi as a back-up plan.