Can on board accounts be separate for roommates?

BoisDore

Hiya-

Quite a few members of my group are traveling as singles, sharing cabins with friends. In such a case, is it possible for them to have separate on board accounts, avoiding the need to divide up one bill at the end of the crossing?

If you have split accounts the onboard credit is allocated to each passenger but if the accounts are combined either person can draw from any onboard credit. Something to consider if you have split accounts and a fair amount of credit.

This is sage advice. Once, before we were married, my husband and I had two separate accounts, and we were not allowed to transfer some of my unused OBC towards his account. When we left the ship he owed a few dollars and I had a credit balance. That was the last time we separated our folios.

This is sage advice. Once, before we were married, my husband and I had two separate accounts, and we were not allowed to transfer some of my unused OBC towards his account. When we left the ship he owed a few dollars and I had a credit balance. That was the last time we separated our folios.

Good point about on board credit. It might be useful to know that if you need to opt for a joint account transactions are separately recorded for each card on the account (usually card 1 and card 2) so it is easy to split expenditure accurately to each person.

We had the same experience as Lanky Lad. We had 2 separate accounts with 2 different credit cards. We needed to transfer charges from one account to another to fully use our OBC. No problem at the Purser's Office, just needed to sign some paperwork. It's easier on other lines, such as Azamara, but still not a big deal on Cunard.