Whale sightings?

Sat1

It's REALLY hard to see most sea life at sea....things that jump out of the water where you happen to be looking are rare! Flying fish are probably the most common sightings...

Dolphins are very common along the coast...visible from the beach, but much harder to see when cruising.

Yes. We were doing a private bridge tour on the Island Princess. We had left Grand Cayman the day before and were headed back to Fort Lauderdale. One of the lookouts spotted it and quickly got our and the officer of the watch's attention. We were abble to see the whale's tale go back under the water prior to it disappearing.

I have seen many whales on our Alaskan cruises but never before in the Caribbean. The people manning the bridge had said that this was a rarity for them as well.

It's REALLY hard to see most sea life at sea....things that jump out of the water where you happen to be looking are rare! Flying fish are probably the most common sightings...

Dolphins are very common along the coast...visible from the beach, but much harder to see when cruising.

I've seen dolphins swimming along side the ship on a few occasions. I saw a bunch of people in the Schooner Bar on Freedom gathered around a window looking down and by the time I got there they all stood up, they had seen a whale surface along side. This was on the way back from Cozumel headed to Port Canaveral.

Whales sightings off Florida and the Gulf coast are more common than you think. Especially when they are migrating.

I was in our cabin on one of our cruises a few months ago and spotted a huge splash off in the distance on our eastern carib itinerary. Quickly got our binoculars and went out on the balcony. Tough to identify with the naked eye, but could see it clearly with the binoculars. Good size whale whopping it's tail several times and breaching. Must have been warning a baby, etc. Really cool sight, and lasted a good 10 minutes until we were out of sight.