Canada/New England Cruises

Schoifmom

We are considering doing CA/NE next year for our cruise. Previously, we have only cruised Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries. Question ... is it too cold to be out on the Serenity deck in October? Do they have an enclosed "outdoor" area on the Sunshine?

I like the idea of the itinerary, but want to be able to enjoy being out on the decks as well.

Any input would be appreciated!

We are considering doing CA/NE next year for our cruise. Previously, we have only cruised Bahamas/Caribbean itineraries. Question ... is it too cold to be out on the Serenity deck in October? Do they have an enclosed "outdoor" area on the Sunshine?

I like the idea of the itinerary, but want to be able to enjoy being out on the decks as well.

Any input would be appreciated!

I have been on that cruise twice and both times it was in September. I was there this past Sept (see my cruises below). The weather then was fantastic. In fact, it was the hottest day in Boston all summer. Weather should be fine but I would take a jacket, just in case. I would think that Serenity Deck would be fine. That is, of course, unless there is an unexpected cold spell. You will love the cruise. Those two cruises were the best that I have ever taken.

We did it in June and the temperature dropped to 48 degrees two days. In fact, the weather was all over the place, from sunny and tempt in the 70's and 80's, to zero visibility in dense fog, to the above mentioned 48 degrees, rainy and windy.

Just go prepared for anything.

We did it in June and the temperature dropped to 48 degrees two days. In fact, the weather was all over the place, from sunny and tempt in the 70's and 80's, to zero visibility in dense fog, to the above mentioned 48 degrees, rainy and windy.

Just go prepared for anything.

Yes, Canada and the North eastern Atlantic coast can be, and is most often like this. It is like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get. One day can be warm, the next cool or cold. Fog will most likely be part of the experience. I think one has to go prepared for several scenarios but October will most likely be cool, and even for this Canadian, too cool for me to consider this cruise in that month, I would either go for late June, or early September, yet still expect a mixed bag.

It's weird weather in Ontario it's December and yesterday it was plus 10 degrees C

LOL yes, but I for one will take it. the weather man says tomorrow will be 16C. Last winter was one of the coldest I have ever experienced. This year, will be one of the warmest, but I will take it.:D

I have done this itinerary twice and I really enjoyed both cruises. If your schedule permits it, you should choose one of the week long itineraries in September. The weather will be warmer to enjoy the serenity deck. My first Canadian/New England cruise was the 3rd week of Sept and the weather was in the 70's for most of the trip and no rain. The second time I was on this itinerary it was the second week of Sept and also in the 70's with only one day of rain when we ported on Portland.

Enjoy it.:cool:

I did a NY to Canada run several years ago the end of August into the beginning of September. It was hot when we left NY. The deck & pools were packed on embarkation day. I can't remember St. John, but in Nova Scotia I was wearing jeans & a t-shirt & actually purchased a hoodie in the port that I wore all day. On formal night there were warnings posted on the outer decks about possible icing. My friend & I didn't believe that possible in August and stepped outside only to slide down the deck because it was a bit slick.

This was several years ago so I don't remember all of the particulars but I know we still had fun & still enjoyed the outdoors at night. Bring a sweater just in case!

Edited by Drose716
Typp

Weather in the maritimes can be mixed bag at that time of year.

However, who would have thought that it would be 65F today just outside of Ottawa! The wind is crazy too with gusts around 50mph and lots of power outages.

We did our NE/CA cruise with NCL in the fall (September if I remember correctly). Leaves hadn't started changing color yet, but I don't know if I would wear shorts, especially on the ship, where the temperatures are going to feel colder anyway.

Of course, I need temps to be at least 75 (23 C) before I even consider wearing shorts on any particular day.

You may be able to sit out on deck, just not in your summer gear.

i've cruise out of NY twice. first cruise was 5 day to canada in June and it was rainy both ways. but thankfully both port days were beautiful. Last cruise was in Oct bahamas. rainy leaving port but not coming back in. still too cold when we were out on deck. It mostly its up in the air on weather. can go any way.

Just like right now. Dec 25 in New England and we have NOOOO snow.. 50/60 degree days. sheesh.