NCL- WORST Guest Services

jessicasquared

I don't have much of anything to add except........... If you feel you need to speak with someone in authority, call during normal, weekday, business hours. Upper management rarely work weekends, early or late shifts. You may occasionally get lucky but in general Monday thru Friday, 9 -5 is your best bet.

Although we don't know the entire story, what the OP has written is pretty disgusting customer service.

My advice to the OP is to NOT spell out your entire complaint here in detail. If you do, be prepared for it to be picked apart by the NCL apologists who will practically attack you and inform you that it was actually you who were at fault, and that NCL was the innocent party in all this. Trust me from many years of experience on CC.

My own experiences with NCL shoreside have been dismal, and that was for normal transactions. I couldn't imagine actually trying to resolve a serious issues. Good luck! Unfortunately that seems to be something that hasn't improved under Del Rio. Lots of job cuts under Del Rio over the past year at NCLH headquarters.

Edited by eroller

Plenty of information from OP. Well written and informative. Whatever the original issue is does not matter, why you would dismiss something you don't know about as being minor is beyond me. The issue now is how NCL is responding, or not responding to OP.

Always two sides to the story. Someone can come in here and rant and not give any details about the situation. Why even write a post about it unless you give more details. I don't believe all that was posted but I wasn't there and j am not the one with the issue

But when you come to a public forum and post what the OP posted its fair game to question if NCL is at fault or this is just someone trying to vent and not really much of an issue.

We had an excursion issue on the Gem last year. We went to the Shore Excursion desk and they were able to help us. We did write NCL corporate to make them aware of the issue. It took a few weeks but they answered.

We had an issue also last year with our Celebrity cruise. We wrote to corporate. It took two months for someone to get back to us. They called to apologize it had taken so long. We had contacted them in the middl of November but because of the holidays our email was put to the side.

We usually have no problems so problems with both cruise was a rarity.

By emailing you have a written record of your correspondence. Contacting a company during the holiday season is not the way to go.

Whatever the issue have patience. After the holidays write again. Good luck.

Calling or raising issues in person is far superior to writing letters.

Your letters are never read in detail. They are skimmed, and you are given a quick, canned answer (after months of waiting), sometimes with a token amount of compensation which doesn't match the severity of the issue.

You can't argue or debate with a written response, which is what they're counting on.

If you can get someone with authority on the phone, you can usually talk your way into something much more favorable -- and with a much quicker result.

Not enough information from the OP. Unless she can say what the issue was and described what happened just another person venting about something that was probably minor.

Waiting weeks and weeks for an answer isn't minor. If the issue was minor NCL should just issue the "bed bug letter" (research that if you don't get the reference, it's funny and worth it) and be done with it. I don't care if the issue was a light bulb burned out in her cabin that wasn't fixed, being kept waiting for an answer like this is unacceptable.

Waiting weeks and weeks for an answer isn't minor. If the issue was minor NCL should just issue the "bed bug letter" (research that if you don't get the reference, it's funny and worth it) and be done with it. I don't care if the issue was a light bulb burned out in her cabin that wasn't fixed, being kept waiting for an answer like this is unacceptable.

Always two sides the story. I agree that if true yes they should answer in a timely fashion, but we have no idea what the issue is. Lots of companies will not respond to minor issues. NCL and many other companies are always receiving letters or correspondence about complaints but some just really don't need a response because you probably won't even make the consumer happy or it is a petty reason or it is actually the fault of the consumer.

That doesn't mean NCL is the the right with the OP but there is much more to story and for someone to put a title as they did that opens up the can for more details.

Edited by abe3

Always two sides the story. I agree that if true yes they should answer in a timely fashion, but we have no idea what the issue is. Lots of companies will not respond to minor issues. NCL and many other companies are always receiving letters or correspondence about complaints but some just really don't need a response because you probably won't even make the consumer happy or it is a petty reason or it is actually the fault of the consumer.

That doesn't mean NCL is the the right with the OP but there is much more to story and for someone to put a title as they did that opens up the can for more details.

Waiting weeks for an answer. One side. Period. Good customer service requires a response, even if it's a "we're still working on your inquiry" letter sent every two weeks.

Waiting weeks for an answer. One side. Period. Good customer service requires a response, even if it's a "we're still working on your inquiry" letter sent every two weeks.

Who knows. Maybe she got a response and its in their junk mail. Or the OP gave a wrong number.

The least the OP could have done was to say what the "Issue" is. I still don't understand people who wait until after a cruise to start complaining.:rolleyes:

Obviously the bigger issue right now to the OP is the lack of NCL's customer service after the fact. Whatever the original issue was is probably irrelevant compared to the frustration of the OP trying to deal with NCL shoreside.

And you believe everything everyone posts?

No. But do I believe that NCL shoreside is difficult to deal with and that it's possible this could have actually happened to the OP? Absolutely. I know this from my own dealings with NCL shoreside which generally have been dismal experiences even with the most simplistic of matters. I can't imagine actually trying to get a serious issue resolved. In a nutshell they suck!

And you believe everything everyone posts?

When it sounds credible I tend to believe it and I am willing to adjust my thinking as more information becomes available, but this forum is not a court of law and the rules of evidence do not apply. (You made a claim in another thread about all of the stuff you were just able to obtain for your next cruise and keeping your promotions- maybe I should think you are just making that up and ask for proof?).

When it sounds credible I tend to believe it and I am willing to adjust my thinking as more information becomes available, but this forum is not a court of law and the rules of evidence do not apply. (You made a claim in another thread about all of the stuff you were just able to obtain for your next cruise and keeping your promotions- maybe I should think you are just making that up and ask for proof?).

Yes if you want to not believe it that's fine.

Yes it's not a court of law but it's a public forum for opinions and information.

Yes if you want to not believe it that's fine.

Yes it's not a court of law but it's a public forum for opinions and information.

I believe you and I believe the OP. If further information comes to light that changes that then I will adjust my belief accordingly. As others have pointed out shoreside NCL customer service has always left something to be desired and all indications are it's been getting worse, which of course lends credibility to the OP's story.

I respect your opinion. I do agree with you that sometimes it can be difficult dealing with corporations like NCL and they should at least respond is some way and who's to say they haven't.

I know if it was me and I had a major beef with something I am sure to try my best to get it resolved on the boat face to face.

I would also try to resolve any onboard issues onboard, and perhaps the OP did try without satisfaction. I can also empathize that after repeated attempts to resolve an onboard issue, especially on a short cruise, you can reach a point where you throw in the towel because you don't want waste anymore of your valuable vacation time. You then resolve to address the issue when you get home and have more time on your hands, with hopes you are dealing with a capable organization. One issue you can no longer resolve onboard is that of the service charges. If you want them adjusted in any way you have to take it up with NCL shoreside. Good luck with that. I've never had reason to adjust them but I pity anyone that has and must now deal with NCL shoreside.

You are awesome :)

The least the OP could have done was to say what the "Issue" is. I still don't understand people who wait until after a cruise to start complaining.:rolleyes:

I don't get that mindset either. If the mystery issue was something large enough to devote so much energy towards after the cruise was over, I would certainly be lead to believe the issue was large enough to impact the cruise and should have had attention or resolution while still on the ship.

Truth of the matter is calling a 1-800 call center is rarely going to get you anywhere. Especially over a holiday weekend. Even the initial phone rep was bluntly honest and set a low expectation right from the beginning. If a company of this size has a 'gnat' complaint from someone who openly admits they are never going to use said company again...there really is no benefit to devoting time and resources to resolve a problem that at this point in the game has no viable resolution.