Parking at Terminal J POM

royal65

We'll be driving to board the Riviera in Jan. at terminal J, POM. Is parking easily accessible to the terminal, how good is the directional signage and should we drop our 2 bags prior to parking? thanx

As Lynn pointed out the best way is to take the old access way into the port.

Terminal J is isolated on the right side. Parking garage is right across the street from where you drop the bags.

Take I-95 south to I-395. Follow the directional signs to the Biscayne Boulevard exit. When you get the Biscayne Blvd., make a right. Go to 5th Street which converts into Port Blvd. (Landmark: America Airlines Basketball Arena.) Make a left and go over the Port bridge. Follow directional signs to terminal J which is the first right.

If you do stay on I 395 and miss the Biscayne exit (I have done this to try it and it is less traffic) --you can take the tunnel -- but you will have to circle around and pass terminals C thru G. (all of the mega ships) and you will have to bear left to get to the other side of the port before the Port Bridge.

do not take the tunnel go up the bridge keep right you will see the cut off for Terminal J the parking garage is right across from the entrance to the port building

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise-terminals.asp

I agree. Just came off Riviera Tuesday. Took the tunnel and had to drive by 5 cruise ships before getting to Terminal J. What a mess. You may wish to see how many ships are in port before you arrive. Can find info online.

Easy to drop off bags at terminal and drive 100 ft around garage to entrance to garage. You prepay; so easy when you return to leave garage.

Only problem with all the port garages; no signs for exit, levels or reference points. Since it is a small garage not a big deal compared to big garages on other side of point.What would you expect at $20/day :eek:

We never parked in the port garages until our last cruise out of Miami, when we car pooled with another couple and split the parking -- $10 a day each was better than $20. All previous cruises, I've located one of the off-site parking lots online, paid $8 to $10 per day, dropped off Betsy and the luggage at the ship, then drove back out of the port to the off-site lot and took their free shuttle back to the port.

Coming home, their shuttles usually circulate every 15 to 20 minutes, or you can call and they'll be there in 15 to 20 minutes. Then, I reverse the process -take the shuttle to the car, then go back and get Betsy and the luggage.

When we are traveling with just carry-ons (most of the time, these days), we both take the shuttle both ways.

Seems like a lot of trouble, but I don't toss away $100 to $180 (depending on the length of the cruise) just to make it easier.

• 2 weeks later...
We are planning on using the parking garage at the terminal for our 2/2 cruise.

I would like to know if the garage ever fills up. I did not see a place on the website to reserve a spot.

I've never seen that garage even close to full. You might be interested to learn that it was built for Royal Caribbean during the days when they utilized Terminal J, so it has a capacity far in excess of what Oceania needs it for.

downtown-miami-port-miami-views-ls.jpg?itok=PbyfRuO3

Terminal J is also on the side of the Port opposite to where all of the mega mass market ships are berthed, so there isn't any overflow (look at the poor little R ship, all alone on the far side of this photo)

I've never seen that garage even close to full. You might be interested to learn that it was built for Royal Caribbean during the days when they utilized Terminal J, so it has a capacity far in excess of what Oceania needs it for.

downtown-miami-port-miami-views-ls.jpg?itok=PbyfRuO3

Terminal J is also on the side of the Port opposite to where all of the mega mass market ships are berthed, so there isn't any overflow (look at the poor little R ship, all alone on the far side of this photo)

Thanks for the information. I was worried about going without a reservation.