Getting deals

LC253

Yes, you can. As long as it's before final payment and applies to you (first time booking specials, for instance would probably not).

I actually called twice on my last cruise. The first time I got a really good deal which included a reduced fare and some OBC. When I noticed a second deal I called again. I was told, yes, I could have the new deal, but I would lose the OBC from the previous deal. Since the OBC and the new price reduction where the same amount so I didn't take it.

Bottom line: if you see a deal, call. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Just be sure you understand the offer before accepting it. As mentioned above, you may lose the perks included in the original offer.

There are no perks available right now so I guess I don't have to worry about that. =\

What's a first time booking special? Like if you've never booked with Princess before? (That's me.)

And "as long as it's before final payment..."...Does that mean I shouldn't pay in full?

First time booking means for that specific cruise. As far as paying in full goes, except for the deposit, we wait until a few days before final payment is due.

Edited by ar1950

Yes, I meant new bookings not first time.

Regarding final payment: I meant the date Princess requires you to be paid in full or lose your booking. It's usually 75 days before sailing. You can, of course, pay in full whenever you want but that's the last day you will be allowed to make any changes.

The sales and specials that come along occasionally are not always, for "new bookings only", although quite often they are. An example of one that was not, was the "3 for free" sale that was on a month or so ago. We had booked our April '17 Panama canal cruise back in June, and by taking advantage of the "3 for free" deal saved ourselves over $1300.00. So it can be worthwhile to keep track of the offers as they appear. :)

...VTX-Al

So since many specials are new bookings only, what does everyone think about waiting until one comes up to make a booking? I'm not super happy with the price but don't want to miss out on this specific cruise at the same time. At over $5k for a balcony, it can only go down from here, right?

So since many specials are new bookings only, what does everyone think about waiting until one comes up to make a booking? I'm not super happy with the price but don't want to miss out on this specific cruise at the same time. At over $5k for a balcony, it can only go down from here, right?

What would be wrong with playing it safe and holding a booking anyway?

Then deal with a promo if/when one comes up?

Thats what I always said but they always went up instead.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Right??

I am holding it right now but only til Monday when the deposit is due.

From my experience we have been hit a few times by not booking and waiting only to have the cruise sell out.

Princess consistently sells out. I don't take chances anymore with bookings.

From my experience we have been hit a few times by not booking and waiting only to have the cruise sell out.

Princess consistently sells out. I don't take chances anymore with bookings.

Yup. Learned that same lesson the hard way.