Midnight Buffet on Allure

madimorg

It's been years since I've been on a cruise and I'm wondering if midnight buffets are a thing of the past or if I should expect to see a midnight buffet at some point during my 7 night Allure cruise this coming July?

Nope nada.

Sorry

No midnight buffets on any RCI ship for several years. However, many ships do a late-night pool party with more casual food one night.

Not on Allure and Oasis because of pool configuration.

late night snacks are Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos (or room service).

It's been years since I've been on a cruise and I'm wondering if midnight buffets are a thing of the past or if I should expect to see a midnight buffet at some point during my 7 night Allure cruise this coming July?

Wow- I haven't been on a cruise in about 10 years and didn't realize that had changed! I'm glad you asked this question! (Not that there is any chance I'd starve, but they were fun to at least look at.)

I can't recall which Captain told us that the main reason they gave up on the midnight buffets was that people came and took photos and then went to bed without eating anything. It was a lot of work and waste!

That makes sense. I was guilty of taking pictures and eating a small plate of fruit only.

Enchantment always has a good midnight buffet as the ship is leaving Nassau - it is almost like a meal.

Also the Navigator had some great food last month at the deck party. These are the only two ships I have seen anything else besides blinky drinks for sale in a few years.

Enchantment does not have a midnight buffet period.

Enchantment does not have a midnight buffet period.

It's a matter of semantics. Enchantment does have a "late night" buffet and pool party when they leave Nassau. You're correct, it's not at midnight. It's usually at 11pm or 11:30pm.

It's a matter of semantics. Enchantment does have a "late night" buffet and pool party when they leave Nassau. You're correct, it's not at midnight. It's usually at 11pm or 11:30pm.

I think he is saying the pool deck party, regardless of actual time served, isn't a "midnight buffet" as they used to be known in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and up until about 10 years ago with the lavish displays and food and ice carvings.

Midnight-Buffet.jpg

I think he is saying the pool deck party, regardless of actual time served, isn't a "midnight buffet" as they used to be known in the 70's, 80's, 90's, and up until about 10 years ago with the lavish displays and food and ice carvings.

Sure, I would definitely agree that the Monarch/Enchantment late night buffet on the pool deck is not the traditional midnight buffet in the dining room.

Out of Port Canaveral they run a midnight party as you leave Nassau!:D

At least that's what we remember, getting old you know!:confused: