Bon Voyage, it's a little late, but Bon Voyage!

StanandJim

harryw- our insurance plan allows what is called a "vacation override" allowing for 6 months supply of prescriptions to be filled.

Not sure why a woman would have to return home if pregnant unless you are asking about giving birth on board.

If i become pregnant on this cruise...look to the east for the star because it would indeed be a miracle!

I thought that cruise lines had restrictions on pregnant passengers but I could be mistaken.

My thinking is what if some medical condition arises and a new prescription is needed at a remote locale.

Harry

Edited by harryw

I thought that cruise lines had restrictions on pregnant passengers but I could be mistaken.

My thinking is what if some medical condition arises and a new prescription is needed at a remote locale.

Harry

Ships doctor has many drugs. If serious you could be sent to hospital in some port city. That's why you buy trip insurance. Getting sent home from Seychelles on a medical jet is in the six figures.

I've been speculating on issues that may arise on a six month cruise. How do passengers obtain prescription drugs as needed? If a passenger discovers she is pregnant, is she required to return home, and would travel insurance cover that?

Harry

We get our medications mailed to us every 90 days. We had a batch due at the end of December. With our doctors' blessings, our friendly pharmacy just sent our March package early, and will bill the insurance company at the time it would have normally shipped. I doubt they would do this for just anyone, but we've been with them over 10 years, getting the same medications.

We have full travel insurance, purchased at a cost of a normal cruise, that will cover anything that comes up.

I've been speculating on issues that may arise on a six month cruise. How do passengers obtain prescription drugs as needed? If a passenger discovers she is pregnant, is she required to return home, and would travel insurance cover that?

Harry

Not likely too many of these cruisers will get pregnant. Lolol

Not likely too many of these cruisers will get pregnant. Lolol

It would be a major miracle if any of the women on this cruise especially the 180'ers got pregnant but it's nice to see some people have a wicked sense of humor!!!!!!!

I think that passengers with butler service should also have a midwife on call. Just sayin'..

Harry

Does the butler have that training also? Be good to know just in case. Just kidding.

If you are eligible for any or any freebies are scheduled, be sure to sign up for them asap. Some people missed out on some (the Myanmar trips) at least that's what people told us on our Grand Voyage on Insignia because they didn't realize some action had to be taken ahead of time. Check your documents! And then have an absolutely great time! We loved our Barcelona to Singapore trip. Looking forward to our next O trip.

Best Bon Voyage wishes to all the world cruisers. I was looking forward to meeting you on our segment last year having been warmly welcomed to the roll call by Sukey. Instead I'll look forward to all you postings. Have a great trip.