Deep sea fishing excursions on warm water cruises?

JennVT

Hi all!

DH and I have not cruised before but I hope to talk him into one this year. My preference is someplace warm but I am flexible regarding exact destination. Mostly my goals are to be in a deck lounge with a book and a cocktail for about a week!

DH loves to fish and a chance to deep sea fish would help sweeten the deal for him. (Yes I am sharp enough to know he can't fish off the ship lol)

Have any of you taken off ship excursions to fish? And how would you rate them? DH has two replaced knees and some balance issues along with being a big guy. How are easy is it to get on and off the charter?

I would prefer booking through HAL if they are any good. Surf fishing would be a second choice.

Thanks!

Bonus question that I'm sure is fairly foolish but keep in mind my cruise experience is limited to old episodes of the Love Boat. LOL Does skeet shooting ever happen on cruises?

Bonus question that I'm sure is fairly foolish but keep in mind my cruise experience is limited to old episodes of the Love Boat. LOL Does skeet shooting ever happen on cruises?

Not in years. The debris is considered pollution, so skeet shooting ended further back than I can remember. Used to be fun, though.

Hope you get some decent choices for deep sea fishing. And that you can talk hubby into a cruise!

My DH has done the deep sea fishing excursion at Half Moon Cay several times. Caught barracuda, wahoo, grouper, mahi.

He would do that one again.

In other ports, we've set up private charters, which usually run about $400 for a half day. You could find another couple to share the cost, perhaps.

Getting in and out of the boat should be relatively easy. I use the assistance offered and take my time.