Anthem obstructed balcony choice

I found a better picture taken from the Labadee water shuttle that I cropped the shot below from. Balcony for cabin 6182 is indicated by white down arrow and as you can see the lifeboat davits are in front of the balconies for cabins 6186 and 6188.

attachment.php?attachmentid=374911&d=1454101371

Slight correction as the arrow point down towards the balcony for 6582 on the starboard side and the davits in are in front of the balconies for cabin 6586 and 6588 in this shot.

Cabin 6182 has the same location behind the second lifeboat on the port side and so does the balconies for cabin 6186 and 6188 behind those port side davits in between lifeboats 2 and 3.

Edited by robtulipe

Hi Peeker28. We will be in Cabin 6182 in April. If you let me know what you specifically want to know about the cabin, I can report back to you when we return.

Cheers

BananaMama

It would be wonderful if you would let me know how the room is laid out and how obstructed the view is. Thank you so much!!

I found a better picture taken from the Labadee water shuttle that I cropped the shot below from. Balcony for cabin 6182 is indicated by white down arrow and as you can see the lifeboat davits are in front of the balconies for cabins 6186 and 6188.

attachment.php?attachmentid=374911&d=1454101371

thanks!!

It would be wonderful if you would let me know how the room is laid out and how obstructed the view is. Thank you so much!!

My pleasure! If you think of anything else, just let me know.

Thanks very much Robtulipe for the photo - it is really helpful!! Happily, it looks like the lifeboat davits won't be part of the obstruction for 6182.

Does anyone know about room 6208? I am going to be in this room on the anthem of the seas for the February 13th sailing.

You are exactly even with a lifeboat, not the davits. The boat is below your balcony and does not block the view looking out, only looking straight down.

Does anyone know about room 6208? I am going to be in this room on the anthem of the seas for the February 13th sailing.

The arrow indicates the balcony for 6608 which is in the same location on the starboard side as is 6208 is on the port side. As you can see the view is over the center of the fourth lifeboat and is similar to that shown in my post #8.

attachment.php?attachmentid=375068&d=1454268102

Anthem6608.jpg.2f323bcf360a836dd747b81ee10ec003.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Has anyone been inside one of the DO cabins on decks 7 or 8 forward? They appear to have an unobstructed view but opening is narrower due to that porthole-like facade. Also would hope that they'd be free of the noise and smoke issues being reported on deck 6.

Here is a close up shot of those Category DO balconies on the starboard side. I would think noise and smoke wouldn't be a problem that far forward and high.

attachment.php?attachmentid=375069&d=1454269623

1687109773_AnthemDecks78fwd.jpg.a54cb6089c882729532968919cf06e4c.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 2 months later...

Peeker 28: we boarded Anthem yesterday and are in Cabin 6182. The cabin layout has the bed by the balcony (right beside the balcony - there isn't much room to manoeuvre but it's OK for us). The obstruction is only the top of the lifeboat - no davits in front of the balcony. DH and I both love the cabin. It feels very spacious compared with other cabins we have had in the past. It was very quiet for sleeping last night. If you need more info about the cabin, let me know.

Cheers!

BananaMama

Peeker 28: we boarded Anthem yesterday and are in Cabin 6182. The cabin layout has the bed by the balcony (right beside the balcony - there isn't much room to manoeuvre but it's OK for us). The obstruction is only the top of the lifeboat - no davits in front of the balcony. DH and I both love the cabin. It feels very spacious compared with other cabins we have had in the past. It was very quiet for sleeping last night. If you need more info about the cabin, let me know.

Cheers!

BananaMama

Thank you so much for this info!! So do you feel like you have a decent view from the balcony?

Good morning. With respect to the view, I'm not sure what you consider decent. I would say that, when sitting on the balcony chair, half of your view is lifeboat. The other half is ocean and sky. For us, the view is fine as we are happy to be able to get outside in the air and see & hear the ocean. Because we are on a lower deck, we can really hear the ocean which is so relaxing and helps to block other sounds such as conversations on neighbouring balconies.

We have heard no creaking at all in our cabin. Yesterday the seas were choppy and it was windy but despite the motion, we heard no creaking at all. Also, we hear nothing above or below us - this was a real concern for me when I booked this cabin because the Schooner Bar seating area is below us. But we haven't heard a thing so far. If anything changes in that regard, I will let you know.

I have taken pictures of the view, from both a standing and seated angle. If you want I could email them to you. There are also photos on other threads of what the view is like from these balconies. From these photos I would say the view is pretty much what I expected.

Cheers!

BananaMama

• 2 months later...
Do you have any more pics of the obstructed view? Is the bed next to the window? Thanks!

No sorry that's the only one - TA at end October so we didn't use the balcony at all till arriving in NYC!

Sofa was by the window and made a comfy bed - we were three adults in the room

• 1 year later...
selling on anthem of sea this year- where are the lifeboats located- I really enjoy relaxing out on a balcony and would hate to have an obstructed view- stateroom 7572

We will be in 7572 in April, did you like it? How was the view? tx!

• 1 year later...