Extra tipping in Blu

warmwinds

Karen

I have only been on Celebrity once but assumed that they followed the same tipping procedure as on Princess. As long as the auto tip was paid they each got to keep any extra. If this isn't the case on Celebrity I probably wouldn't tip extra. It's just not fair that those who work hard have to subsidize the slacker.

ITA with you! I woukd however like to know if they changed the way they handle the extra cash tips. Hopefully, someone can check it out and get back to us

We were on the Eclipse last November, first Caribbean cruise of the season. We had a lot of obc, pre-paid Grats and drinks pkg so we also purchased the Ultimate Dining package. I was very interest to know the tipping policy so I asked a number of Specialty Dining staff how it worked. I have to concur with what Mickey89 said, all additional tips are now pooled centrally. In both Murano and Tuscan we seldom were given a check to sign at the end of the evening, they just took and returned the seapass card. I can also sure you that a cash tip is gratefully accepted which we obviously gave very discreetly

We did observe that the service standard had definitely suffered whether this is the prime reason I am unsure but too many small things were adrift from our previous visits.

We were on the Eclipse last November, first Caribbean cruise of the season. We had a lot of obc, pre-paid Grats and drinks pkg so we also purchased the Ultimate Dining package. I was very interest to know the tipping policy so I asked a number of Specialty Dining staff how it worked. I have to concur with what Mickey89 said, all additional tips are now pooled centrally. In both Murano and Tuscan we seldom were given a check to sign at the end of the evening, they just took and returned the seapass card. I can also sure you that a cash tip is gratefully accepted which we obviously gave very discreetly

We did observe that the service standard had definitely suffered whether this is the prime reason I am unsure but too many small things were adrift from our previous visits.

Sad to hear that.

We've always given our extra tips in cash but were under the impression that the staff had to turn the cash in to make sure we had left our regular gratuities on our account and then they were given the cash back.

We were told the crew all live in very close quarters and people with extra unexplained cash got shunned by others at the least and fired at the worst.

Also sad to hear that service has suffered. We board the Eclipse in 5 weeks.

Yes, tips are now pooled per our Blu waiter and assistant from November 15 cruise. Considering, they were both still pleased with the extra envelope at the end of our cruise. Just wonderful service from everyone on the Equinox.

Yes, tips are now pooled per our Blu waiter and assistant from November 15 cruise. Considering, they were both still pleased with the extra envelope at the end of our cruise. Just wonderful service from everyone on the Equinox.

Did they happen to say if they were pooled within Blu or with the whole ship as mickey89 was told?

Its a tragic indictment on the company if service standards have been allowed to slip because of change in tipping policy.

It may explain however why there has been a degree of indifference shown when additional gratuities are palmed across.

We see on forums here about payment of gratuities to cabin staff, waiters and stewards etc but how many give any thought to the poor buggars in the bowels of the ship doing the laundry or the deck hands who are out in all weathers and the skilled coxswains who drive the tenders. Don't see any automatic tips going in their direction and they probably deserve it more than most

Its a tragic indictment on the company if service standards have been allowed to slip because of change in tipping policy.

It may explain however why there has been a degree of indifference shown when additional gratuities are palmed across.

We see on forums here about payment of gratuities to cabin staff, waiters and stewards etc but how many give any thought to the poor buggars in the bowels of the ship doing the laundry or the deck hands who are out in all weathers and the skilled coxswains who drive the tenders. Don't see any automatic tips going in their direction and they probably deserve it more than most

I believe they do get a portion of my suggested daily gratuities. I would like to know if the extra cssh tip is going to my waiter etc, in blu?

Sad to hear that.

We've always given our extra tips in cash but were under the impression that the staff had to turn the cash in to make sure we had left our regular gratuities on our account and then they were given the cash back.

We were told the crew all live in very close quarters and people with extra unexplained cash got shunned by others at the least and fired at the worst.

Also sad to hear that service has suffered. We board the Eclipse in 5 weeks.

I think this is fair...the making certain regular gratuities are paid.