Anyone with experience with Sixt? (FLL)

dvan68

We found a deal for Sixt to get a mercedes convertible for under $100 per day. Everything seems to be on the up and up, as all of the taxes and fees are listed out - I just get nervous on deals which seem too good to be true - most convertibles for our timeframe - Feb 24-28 are over $100 and are domestic vehicles.

I just want to make sure there are no 'horror stories' about this company out there.

Thank you,

In 2014 on my 60th birthday we were in FLL pre cruise and my family rented a Camaro SS convertible for the day from Sixt. We picked it up in town and returned it to the airport. This was a birthday present so I don't know the price but the over all experience was a good one.

We rented from Sixt twice last year. In February rented a Mercedies and we were very happy. This past October we had reserved a smaller car and upgraded to a Caddy Suv. There was a change in our plans so that we returned the vehicle the night before our cruise and the attendant drove us back to our hotel instead of us having to taking a taxi.

Have also used them in the past and found that they do not charge a drop off fee if you rent at Fll and drop off at Mia. There is an office in Miami across from the port entrance.

Hal

• 11 months later...

We used Sixt last week. Rented in Orlando, dropped off in FLL.

A big Mercedes SUV for less coin than all other companies wanted for a standard sedan for the same period.

The website is good, their rental locations are clean, modern and staffed with friendly helpful people.

Drop off was super easy, free shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Nothing but good things to say about this Sixt company! Based on one experience, I know. But from now on, they are my 1st choice for auto rental.

resurrection of an 11 month old thread

but I'll mention that SIXT while fairly unknown in the US having just appeared recently (a year or so as far as I know) is a BIG DOG over in the EU.

This is not a new or small company .... just fairly new to the US and as such often is 'off site' rather than on property - for example they are a few minutes out side of Orlando International .... visible just north of 528 just west of the airport exit ...

My travels have not brought me to a place they serve but when that happens I'd use them if the price was right. They even rent MINIs!

Edited by Capt_BJ

We found a deal for Sixt to get a mercedes convertible for under $100 per day. Everything seems to be on the up and up, as all of the taxes and fees are listed out - I just get nervous on deals which seem too good to be true - most convertibles for our timeframe - Feb 24-28 are over $100 and are domestic vehicles.

I just want to make sure there are no 'horror stories' about this company out there.

Thank you,

What they don't tell you is they are going to authorize a $999 security deposit on your credit card. If you have plenty of available credit, no problem. Otherwise, they will block a big chunk of your credit while you are traveling.

Sixt at MCO (Orlando) is off-site and the shuttle is not frequent. Even though we had an online reservation and the lot was full of cars, and no customers ahead of us, we waited a good thirty minutes for the car. Yes, it was a Mercedes, but very high mileage, obvious wear in and out, and poorly optioned - no moonroof, no leather, etc.

As Lido-Deck mentions, a HUGE hold will be placed on your credit card. From the Sixt website, "For Vehicles in the executive or luxury categories you authorize us to reserve up to $5,000 against your credit or debit card."