A couple of questions from a first timer.

M&Dcruisers

We are booked on our first Oceania cruise in a Concierge cabin. I know we can make one pre-cruise reservation in each restaurant. Can we make more reservations once onboard or will we need to eat in the MDR? Also, if I reserve shore excursions can I cancel an excursion without penalty?

You can book more onboard however that is based on availability. I have canceled shore trips and gotten a refund however I am sure there is a cutoff date. I would check the T&Cs on the web site. Have a good trip

To clarify the booking of specialities on board, it can be done and is based on availability but, for the most part it has to be done on a daily basis and one day at a time.

They do hold reservations for people who can't or won't book on line as they have to hold open spaces for those people. Getting additional reservations on board really depends on the cruise length and the passengers on board. Expect you will not get reservations in the specialities every nite but, cross your fingers and ask every morning and sometimes you can get a walkin in the evening by just stopping at the restaurants.

There are several threads discussing the topic of extra reservations in the specialties - take a look at these as they may be helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2293395&highlight=specialty+restaurant+reservations

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2280108&highlight=specialty+restaurant+reservations

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2282699&highlight=specialty+restaurant+reservations

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2273955&highlight=specialty+restaurant+reservations

As far as canceling shore excursions goes - if you cancel them before boarding, the refund goes to your credit card. If after boarding, you will get refundable OBC.

Caveat - there is a cancellation deadline for each shorex.

We are booked on our first Oceania cruise in a Concierge cabin. I know we can make one pre-cruise reservation in each restaurant. Can we make more reservations once onboard or will we need to eat in the MDR?

You can also eat lobster and sushi - and much more - in the buffet restaurant. They will serve you at the counter, no need to grab serving utensils.

the information should be on your invoice

Description Policy Fee

Pre or Post Cruise Hotel Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Pre or Post Land Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Overland Tours Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Visa Packages Within 60 days prior to departure 100% fee

Executive Collection & Private Transfers Within 36 hours of scheduled arrangement 100% fee

A La Carte Shore Excursions Within 36 hours of excursion departure 100% fee

Unlimited & Your World Packages On or after Embarkation day 100% fee

Culinary, La Reserve & Privee Within 36 hours of scheduled reservation 100% fee

Air Deviation Fee Once accepted 100% fee

Air Supplemental Fee Standard cancellation policy 100% fee