Should I book or WAIT -suite

hollon

I'm seeing a price for 2500.00 plus taxes of 215.00 for a grand suite for alaska, is that a good price, should I go ahead and take that price for a bigger suite? the mini suite is 1999.00 plus taxes. If I book the S6, I believe that's the cheaper one, if a new promotion comes along, could I get that? There seem to be so many obc, etc always in January for Alaska. My cruise isn't until 2017, will princess honor those new sales if I book now? Thanks

A mini is not a suite.

Its up to you whether you want to spend the extra money for a suite.

If a new deal comes along all you can do is ask.

Most of the time its for new bookings only, so you would have to cancel and rebook. Thats probably not a good idea as Alaska usually sells out. Especially the Coral.

A mini is not a suite.

Its up to you whether you want to spend the extra money for a suite.

If a new deal comes along all you can do is ask.

Most of the time its for new bookings only, so you would have to cancel and rebook. Thats probably not a good idea as Alaska usually sells out. Especially the Coral.

I understands if it's up to me to book or not :) I was just curious if that's a good price or does it seem really high or is this price the norm for an alaskan cruise. I know it's really just a gamble. I have people in another cabin and though this cabin would good for all of us to use the balcony since it's bigger as well. Is there a cabin thats an S6 that sounds good? sorry for all the questions :)

I'm seeing a price for 2500.00 plus taxes of 215.00 for a grand suite for alaska, is that a good price, should I go ahead and take that price for a bigger suite? the mini suite is 1999.00 plus taxes. If I book the S6, I believe that's the cheaper one, if a new promotion comes along, could I get that? There seem to be so many obc, etc always in January for Alaska. My cruise isn't until 2017, will princess honor those new sales if I book now? Thanks

In my experience that's a really good price for a full suite.

It's my experience that full suites are not usually included when fares drop for sales or general price drops. We book very early to get pricing before fares increase.

If fares are reduced, you always have the option to cancel and rebook the same cabin/suite at the lower price foregoing any benefits you may have had and accepting any benefits under the new fare rules.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Suites usually go up, not down. Most often the earlier you book, the better the price. There are exceptions but not often. I have had suites booked when a new promo came out. I was able to get the new promo. For example, I have an owners suite booked on Regal for Mar 2017. Princess offered a promo for the same price but with included gratuities, a bottle of wine, and a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. I dropped an email to my TA and received a new invoice a couple of hours later. Same price but with the goodies.