Hotel in San Pedro vs Long Beach

rbslos18

We haven't stayed there yet, but I've been researching the area for our trip. On Google maps, it is a .9 mile walk to the Cabrillo Marine Museum. There is beach and pier right at the same place.

It also looks like there is some sort of small park near the hotel. I guess it just depends on how much time you have and how much you want to do.

Thanks --sounds good.

• 5 months later...
Astro Flyer -

Thanks for the great Park hotel Sail info for the San Pedro CP.

Does anyone know if the San Pedro Doubletree has a similar package?

Yes the Double tree has a similar package. They call it "Stay , breakfast and cruise " package.

They don't have a day limit on their website.

Astro Flyer -

You're welcome & there are other threads on this forum discussing the pros & cons of the DT & CP that both offer packages for a room, parking & shuttle.

After experiencing longer shuttle delays in 2010 from the DT (about 3 miles from the ship) we decided to try the closer (less than a mile) CP in January. I'm not sure which we'd use the next time & might base our decision on price.

Our rooms & service were both good and both had shuttle issues. The CP has several nearby restaurants & when there was a post-cruise shuttle delay (60 minutes) I walked to the CP to get my car & return to the port to get my wife & our luggage. That wouldn't be a good option for the DT which is located on a small boat harbor with few dining options. I've read that they'll shuttle people to nearby restaurants or markets but having our car don't have any personal experiences.

Astro Flyer -

We stayed at the Doubletree. It was amazing. They run 2 shuttles to the cruise port. From a price standpoint for parking and the shuttle, I would call their front desk or check their reservations page for special packages. Their customer service was great. Please feel free to email me at annjunk at sbcglobal dot net with additional questions. We just stayed at the Double Tree on the 2nd of Feb.

Cabrillo beach looks lovely --know what we will be doing http://www.californiasbestbeaches.com/cabrillo/cabrillo_beach.html

It was too cool to spend a lot of time at the beach, but we enjoyed walking out the breakwater to see the lighthouse. We also enjoyed the aquarium. It isn't anything spectacular, but it was definitely a learning experience and worth the time and money for us. They have a recommended donation rather than an entrance fee.

Also, if you have a car, I would recommend going to see the Korean Bell of Friendship. The view is amazing all the way out to Catalina. http://sanpedro.com/sp_point/korenbel.htm

Astro Flyer -

Very nice of you to do - thanks a bunch!

May all your voyages be enjoyable and smooth sailing.