Premium drink package question

We are sailing on Allure on jan 17, and are considering the premium beverage package. Wondering if those who have gotten it think its worth the cost? We are sailing with 2 other couples, and no kids for the first time in a while. We are moderate drinkers, and dont plan on being drunk the whole cruise, so we are not sure we would drink as much as it costs. But we do like the idea of not having to worry about how much the bar tab will be. Would like some feedback to help us make this decision. Thanks!

It all comes down to how much you end up drinking, and *what* you end up drinking. You could review menus, estimate your consumption, and add it up to see where you're at.

Another option is seeing how it goes the first day or two and adding it after that. On seven night sailings I believe you can add a pro-rated bev package to your remaining sailing as long as there are 4 nights left.

So we would usually have 1-2 drinks at the pool in the afternoon. 1 drink with dinner, then 1-2 drinks in the evening. We are not beer drinkers. We order mixed drinks... rum and coke, margaritas, or the drink of the day. We are also emerald crown and anchor members so we get the top tier event plus the regular welcome back party, which have free drinks. We also booked the prohibition party. We are not planning any shore excursions as we have been to these ports multiple times.

Edited by jspak124

So we would usually have 1-2 drinks at the pool in the afternoon. 1 drink with dinner, then 1-2 drinks in the evening. We are not beer drinkers. We order mixed drinks... rum and coke, margaritas, or the drink of the day. We are also emerald crown and anchor members so we get the top tier event plus the regular welcome back party. We also booked the prohibition party.

At 5 drinks a day, every day including port days, the Premium drink package would about break even.

Basically put it this way... After gratuities, do you think you'll spend $400 per person over those 7 days, or at least close enough to it that you'd rather not worry about the exact amount?

If yes, get the drink package and pay up front and lock it in.

If no, go without and pay at the end.

Remember, a good liquor drink can run you around $12 before gratuities, a good wine or beer around $8 so if you factor in drinks at dinner, whatever you have as a nightcap (if you have one), whatever you have at the cocktail hour, and anything else you have over the course of the day, and if you partake in all, there's a very good chance you'll be at or close to the break even point anyway.

Another thing you might consider with drink package. You can experiment and try different drinks. If you don't like it throw it away and get something else.

Without the package. You will have to pay for the bad drinks. I like long island tea. Not all bartenders make it the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Top Shelf drinks will run you $14 such as a Grand Margarita, a frozen drink will be no less than $12, most likely in the $14 range. A basic Rum & Coke will be about $9/$10. Using top shelf liquor will cost a few bucks more.

Something to consider is w/ the premium pkg, you'll get bottled water. We always grab a couple of bottles when we go back to the cabin as they are great to carry off the ship on Port days.

Based on your numbers, I'd suggest the package.

The other thing to consider is the fact that bottles of water and sodas are included. We would intersperse waters with drinks and also save up some for shore excursions.

As has been said, if you will drink an average of about 5 - 6 drinks a day the package usually makes sense.

Also, not sure I would count on the C&A parties too much. Our last trip it was at 10:30 in the morning with mimosas and bloody marys, neither of which were very good at all.

Edited by akcruz

We found that the premium package was worth it. Not only do we order alcoholic beverages but we also order virgin frozen drinks. Each time we order a drink we get a bottle of water. I like the freestyle machine for soda and powerade. I kept track of what drinks we consumed for the first couple of days the first time we had the package and considering the above it was well worth it.

Question about the current pre-purchase I see online in regards to pricing.

We also are looking into the premium package at $57 per day (which includes gratuities) but I was curious if that includes all beers they have? It lists premium wines, premium cocktails and frozen drinks but nothing about beer. I think at one point I saw something that said beers under $6.25 but as a craft beer guy, I don't want to be restricted to just Bud and Bud Light (or similar).

Question about the current pre-purchase I see online in regards to pricing.

We also are looking into the premium package at $57 per day (which includes gratuities) but I was curious if that includes all beers they have? It lists premium wines, premium cocktails and frozen drinks but nothing about beer. I think at one point I saw something that said beers under $6.25 but as a craft beer guy, I don't want to be restricted to just Bud and Bud Light (or similar).

To my knowledge, the package includes all beers except Chimay Blue 750ml.