Rooms/Ships that sleep 5?

SFplusP

Is there a list anywhere of which ships offer rooms that sleep 5? Or which rooms sleep 5? We will, hopefully in the next couple of years, be a family of 5, with kids all under 8, so I'm a little uncomfortable booking 2 rooms. It's far off, but I know it's possible, some sleep 5, I just sort of wanted to see how common it is. Can almost any ship take a family of 5, or are there only a few with that many beds available? Thanks :)

We're a family of 5. Fantasy class for sure, Sunshine for sure. There are few others. The best way I found to see which ones fit 5 is to do "find a cruise" on Carnival. Just select 5 for "number of travelers", then choose the other parameters. You'll get a list.

It will be VERY crowded, though. Have you thought about adjoining cabins? That way you could open the door between the two rooms and it will work almost like a suite.

Do they have cabins with a door connecting them? I have only seen balconies connecting, never a door in the middle. That sounds rare too =/

On the Pride son and DIL had a balcony cabin with a connecting inside cabin. They were in the last balcony at the front of the ship. Worked out very nice - with a door between their cabin and their children's cabin and of course the children had their own bathroom. Only issue was that the each cabin is designated for 2 persons - and they have 3 kids. My DH and I booked one of their children in our balcony cabin and he slept in the inside room with his sisters.

All 3 Dream class ships plus the Vista have deluxe oceanview rooms that can sleep 5. Those rooms will have the regular bathroom plus an extra half-bathroom, which has a sink & junior tub which can also be showered in. There are 2 uppers & a sofabed (not a pullout).

Fantasy class ships, Triumph, Victory, & Sunshine all allow for trundles/rollaways (because they are the older ships). Some of the rooms designated for 4 people will allow a trundle/rollaway for a 5th person. In the Carnival booking engine on their website, put in that you need 5 people, and only the available rooms that can sleep 5 will pop up. There are plenty on these ships: interiors, OVs, balconies, & suites.

Some of the Conquest class ships have added on Captains Suites which sleep 5 people. These are super expensive, huge rooms.

And as others have mentioned, you can get connecting rooms. All of the newer ships in addition to Triumph class have plenty of connecting rooms. Spirit class doesn't seem to have connecting OV rooms, while Triumph class & Sunshine doesn't seem to have any connecting balcony rooms--except the renovated ones up at the top. Very few interior connecting rooms, because those rooms are extra small; no room for a door. One exception is with the Spirit class, as mentioned earlier, that connects to a balcony, but those only allow 2 people each for 4 total. Other exceptions are with Conquest class, Dream class, & Splendor: Deck 6 box shaped interiors, but these only will allow 2 people each for 4 total. But on deck 1, there is a porthole room that connects to an oceanview on both sides of the ship. The issue there would be that the porthole room sleeps 2 or 3, while the OV sleeps 4 people. Sometimes, they will allow you to book a room for fewer people than it holds, but there's a concern of later getting bumped out of one of them. There are a few options for connecting rooms that sleep 3 & 2 exactly.

If you do opt for 5 people in 1 room, I would recommend a balcony or oceanview on Triumph/Victory/Sunshine that will include a trundle/rollaway for the 5th, or a deluxe oceanview on Dream/Magic/Breeze/Vista for 5. These will be your biggest 5-person rooms, other than the suites that hold 5.

Edited by k2excursion

• 5 months later...
All 3 Dream class ships plus the Vista have deluxe oceanview rooms that can sleep 5. Those rooms will have the regular bathroom plus an extra half-bathroom, which has a sink & junior tub which can also be showered in. There are 2 uppers & a sofabed (not a pullout).

Fantasy class ships, Triumph, Victory, & Sunshine all allow for trundles/rollaways (because they are the older ships). Some of the rooms designated for 4 people will allow a trundle/rollaway for a 5th person. In the Carnival booking engine on their website, put in that you need 5 people, and only the available rooms that can sleep 5 will pop up. There are plenty on these ships: interiors, OVs, balconies, & suites.

Some of the Conquest class ships have added on Captains Suites which sleep 5 people. These are super expensive, huge rooms.

And as others have mentioned, you can get connecting rooms. All of the newer ships in addition to Triumph class have plenty of connecting rooms. Spirit class doesn't seem to have connecting OV rooms, while Triumph class & Sunshine doesn't seem to have any connecting balcony rooms--except the renovated ones up at the top. Very few interior connecting rooms, because those rooms are extra small; no room for a door. One exception is with the Spirit class, as mentioned earlier, that connects to a balcony, but those only allow 2 people each for 4 total. Other exceptions are with Conquest class, Dream class, & Splendor: Deck 6 box shaped interiors, but these only will allow 2 people each for 4 total. But on deck 1, there is a porthole room that connects to an oceanview on both sides of the ship. The issue there would be that the porthole room sleeps 2 or 3, while the OV sleeps 4 people. Sometimes, they will allow you to book a room for fewer people than it holds, but there's a concern of later getting bumped out of one of them. There are a few options for connecting rooms that sleep 3 & 2 exactly.

If you do opt for 5 people in 1 room, I would recommend a balcony or oceanview on Triumph/Victory/Sunshine that will include a trundle/rollaway for the 5th, or a deluxe oceanview on Dream/Magic/Breeze/Vista for 5. These will be your biggest 5-person rooms, other than the suites that hold 5.

We are definitely 2 connecting rooms cruisers, but the possible cruise that I am currently researching might include my sibling and family (2A,3K). Since those 5 have never cruised, and the children are all under 8, I suspect the parents would rather all be crammed in one cabin. I knew that Fantasy Class ships could accommodate 5 in a room, but I did not realize there were other ships with that possibility. Time to research more, more, more . . . (not at all a complaint).

On the Miracle, we had 2 connecting extended balcony cabins on deck 7. One slept 2, the other 3. I don't believe the balcony dividers opened; can't say for sure because we ended up cancelling those cabins as one of the passengers in the 3 berth couldn't go.