Lost item on NA Dec cruise

GRACECRUISE

We were on NA in Dec. disembarking on 12/20. Of course I could not misplace my glasses early in the cruise, I had to wait til the last day. They are prescription. I got them just before the trip so I am hoping to get them back.

After packing and dinner I popped back to the stateroom to get my glasses. They were not in the case. I either laid them down the night before or earlier in the day. I checked with the front desk that night and next day before we left.

I went back to the eye place and took pictures of the frames. I sent an email to Guest relations with pics of the glasses attached to see if they could forward them to NA. I have sent a couple follow up emails but get no response.

I know I am not the first to lose something on the ship. They had about 20 pairs of eyeglasses in a box. Does anyone know if there is someone else I can get in touch with in order to see if they have found them?

Thanks

Actually, the ship will send any lost items to Seattle once the cruise ends.

Your best bet is to go to the HAL website, click contact and email lost and found.

It takes a bit of time for them to find the items if they are there.

We were fortunate to have one item found that was lost on a ship. It's only value was sentimental.

They will try. It depends, sadly, on the honesty of the person that found them (and I am not referring to crew).

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I would give them up as gone for good and order a new pair. :mad: If you ever get them back, well you'll have a spare pair.

Sadly, I agree but wish you luck, OP.

Hope a kind person finds them and tries to get them returned to you.

Edited by sail7seas

:) My DH lost his good camera on the Maasdam once. We didn't discover it until we started to unpack. Had all our pictures, etc. We were sick about it. We got on the phone with Guest Services (called a couple of times) and they did contact the ship. Several weeks later, we received a call that they found the camera, but had to wait for the ship to dock in Ft. Lauderdale. They actually shipped it from there (free of charge by the way, which was very nice) and we received the camera with nothing missing. The total time frame was about 4 - 6 weeks. We were very surprised and grateful they found it. Very nice people and they were quite helpful.

:) My DH lost his good camera on the Maasdam once. We didn't discover it until we started to unpack. Had all our pictures, etc. We were sick about it. We got on the phone with Guest Services (called a couple of times) and they did contact the ship. Several weeks later, we received a call that they found the camera, but had to wait for the ship to dock in Ft. Lauderdale. They actually shipped it from there (free of charge by the way, which was very nice) and we received the camera with nothing missing. The total time frame was about 4 - 6 weeks. We were very surprised and grateful they found it. Very nice people and they were quite helpful.

That is outstanding.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

My wife left a pair of silk pajamas on the Westerdam last January on a Caribbean cruise. We contacted Seattle and received an email a week later that they had been found and they were sent FedEx Overnight from Miami two days later.