Flight options to AMS...which would you pick?

jvalentine

Hi all! I've got 3 options tagged for our flights over on our Koningsdam cruise this June. Let me know which you would pick and if you have any advice. Thank you in advance!

1. Icelandair, 2 stops(IAD,RKV), cheapest option ($1600 total)

2. Delta, 1 stop(ATL), and just slightly more expensive than Icelandair. Times work out really well too on the way back. Could even drive a couple hours down to ATL for a direct flight. Economy for $2000 total.

3. British Airways, 2 stops(PHL,LHR), could go economy and be about the same price as Delta, but the business class fare seems really good ($3683 for two people total).

Thoughts?

Hi all! I've got 3 options tagged for our flights over on our Koningsdam cruise this June. Let me know which you would pick and if you have any advice. Thank you in advance!

1. Icelandair, 2 stops(IAD,RKV), cheapest option ($1600 total)

2. Delta, 1 stop(ATL), and just slightly more expensive than Icelandair. Times work out really well too on the way back. Could even drive a couple hours down to ATL for a direct flight. Economy for $2000 total.

3. British Airways, 2 stops(PHL,LHR), could go economy and be about the same price as Delta, but the business class fare seems really good ($3683 for two people total).

Thoughts?

Business class for less than $2000/person? Grab that now. Seriously.

I honestly don't care how many stops I have as long as I have lie-flat beds across the pond.

Go with Business. Great Price.

Go with Iceland air BUT stopover for a few days and see the sights

If you have no desire to stopover in Iceland then go direct. Avoid connecting at LHR at all costs.

This would be our decision tree. Those economy prices seem high. Why not wait awhile to book?

Edited by iancal

Sorry, did not notice the LHR stopover on business.

We avoid LHR and CDG as connection points. It can be terrible but I perhaps on BA you will be in flying in and out of the same terminal.

Enjoy business class....and the lounges. You will find the lounges in Europe a huge improvement over the US lounges.