Amber Cove - last week - photos

reno3

Hi guys you can take public transportation just outside the AC port. $5 pp Javilla Tours is the name of the public buses and they are safe. You can use them for the cable cars as well and to go to Santiago the next largest city in the country. when I was there we used then.

Has anyone left the port and gone into Santiago on a public bus? What is in Santiago?

Can you take a bus to a beach?

Thank you.....

Thanks for the review! Was the pool/bar/restaurant a Margaritiville? Was there a public beach to use right at the port? We will be in AC for only 6 hours and I am trying to plan what to do. I'm not paying for an overpriced ship excursion for a few hours at the beach. Thank you.

I am interested in the same excursion and was curious to read a review.

Sorry :o Getting back into everyday life and planning my next cruise :D I forgot about the review. I will do it this weekend and post the link to this thread.

Thanks for the review! Was the pool/bar/restaurant a Margaritiville? Was there a public beach to use right at the port? We will be in AC for only 6 hours and I am trying to plan what to do. I'm not paying for an overpriced ship excursion for a few hours at the beach. Thank you.

By the time we got back from our excursion it was very quite at the pool. I don't know how it was during the day. I don't think it would be as crowded as Margaritiville. I think if you want to lay by the pool, swim, go down the waterslide, zipline, walk around and shop in the few stores that are there I don't think you will have a hard time spending 6 hours at the port. BTW no public beach at the port.

By the time we got back from our excursion it was very quite at the pool. I don't know how it was during the day. I don't think it would be as crowded as Margaritiville. I think if you want to lay by the pool, swim, go down the waterslide, zipline, walk around and shop in the few stores that are there I don't think you will have a hard time spending 6 hours at the port. BTW no public beach at the port.

We were on the same cruise and that is exactly what we did. It isn't a Margaritiville but it is similar. There is much more space around the pool that the Margaritiville in Grand Turk but I think the pools are similar in size.

We were there all day and stayed at the pool. We were actually sitting directly under the zipline on the far side of the pool. It really wasn't that noisy at all.

There was plenty of space around the pool, no matter what time people arrived. It also didn't appear that many of the cabanas were rented that day.

Are the slides part of the area as well? Is there a charge to use the pool?

Thx,

I would like to know this too!

Sorry :o Getting back into everyday life and planning my next cruise :D I forgot about the review. I will do it this weekend and post the link to this thread.

When you say no public beach there, when you rent as kayak, are they taking you somewhere>? Thanks!

I know from reading as much as I could and asking these same questions before that there is no beach without an excursion or taxi or shuttle to one.

In another review with pics of the menu, I can answer that the restaurant is not a Margaritaville. I think it's called Coco Cana. And as far as the kayaks go, I would guess you kayak around the inlet area. In the same area that the ocean cabanas sit over since there is no beach.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I know from reading as much as I could and asking these same questions before that there is no beach without an excursion or taxi or shuttle to one.

In another review with pics of the menu, I can answer that the restaurant is not a Margaritaville. I think it's called Coco Cana. And as far as the kayaks go, I would guess you kayak around the inlet area. In the same area that the ocean cabanas sit over since there is no beach.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. having a hard time envisioning it! LOL

May take mega truck tour instead! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Great pictures.

After the long pier, how far is to the pool?

Would you recommend your excursion?

As soon as you get to the end of the pier the pool is to the right.

Yes, I would recommend this excursion to see some of the island. As I mentioned in my review we had never been to DR so I wanted to see more than just the port.

How long would you say the pier is? Walkable? How much did you give the pedicab driver? Thanks!

Pier is 1280 feet. We did not use the pedicab.

I did hear someone ask the the driver how much and the driver said whatever he want to pay.

Does anyone know if the bar/restaurant at Amber Cove port takes the sign and sail card for payment (like HMC) or if you need to bring cash/credit card? Thanks!

I don't know for sure but don't think they take the sign and sail card. When did HMC start accepting the sign and sail card?

I don't know for sure but don't think they take the sign and sail card. When did HMC start accepting the sign and sail card?

Last time I was there Sept 2014. I had Cheers on my Sign and Sail card and at the Pirate Bar they let me use my Cheers on my first drink then the second drink a different bartender said they don't use Cheers. But they used my Sign and Sail card for all of it.

Edited by momonthego17