Best quac ever!

h-sar

I've been on a quest for great table side quac on every single holiday. Have had it beachside in Mexico, in some of the best Mexican restaurants in Vegas, CA, and FL. None can compare to the quacamole served at Sabor on our Oasis Christmas cruise last week. In fact, we went a second time just for the quac and chips. We happened to be at a beach in Cozumel the day after our Sabor visit and the quacamole at the beach restaurant was not even close to that of Sabor. Can't praise it highly enough. Such a simple recipe, too, and am planning on trying it out this wknd.

I was never a big fan of quacamole. In fact, it's pretty safe to say that I pretty much hated it. That is until we were on the Freedom a couple years ago and we ate at Sabor. I sat there and watched them make it at the table and before you knew it..... I couldn't get enough of the guac and chips. Now I can't wait to get back on the Freedom in November

I was never a big fan of quacamole. In fact, it's pretty safe to say that I pretty much hated it. That is until we were on the Freedom a couple years ago and we ate at Sabor. I sat there and watched them make it at the table and before you knew it..... I couldn't get enough of the guac and chips. Now I can't wait to get back on the Freedom in November

Awwww....thanks for inserting the 'q' in guacamole to make me feel better. I'm just going to take it as a sign of solidarity rather than a slip of the finger. LOL

Why is that ANYTHING prepared table side always tastes so much better?! Can't wait for my next Sabor experience in 11 months and 3 weeks :D

I disagree, real (no double quotes) Mexican food is great as long as it is prepared correctly. The same can be said for Tex-Mex. However, I have had poor renditions of both. I have also have great renditions of both. Is one better than other, No. They are what they are.

You are so right! Once you get some good Tex-Mex, "real" Mexican food is kind of a letdown. But don't be knockin' Tequila. Tequila is good in everything ... breakfast cereal, sandwiches, beans, burgers... :p

I disagree, real (no double quotes) Mexican food is great as long as it is prepared correctly. The same can be said for Tex-Mex. However, I have had poor renditions of both. I have also have great renditions of both. Is one better than other, No. They are what they are.

That pretty well covers all types of foods.

Correct.

I was just replying to katy_tbird. Who asserted that good Tex-mex is better than "real" mexican food.

Is good Tex-Mex better than good real Mexican food, no. They can both be equally good.

That pretty well covers all types of foods.