When To Print Documents?

not2old

Hello, We will be sailing on Eclipse March 6 2016 and last week received notice to print our X Press pass,I did this but am wondering when we can print our cruise documents? I am considering trying to print our luggage tags from them since so many have commented that the tags are not arriving by mail as they should....

On our Royal Caribbean cruises the page to self print luggage tags are in the cruise docs, is it the same with Celebrity?

Thanks for any information!

Hello, We will be sailing on Eclipse March 6 2016 and last week received notice to print our X Press pass,I did this but am wondering when we can print our cruise documents? I am considering trying to print our luggage tags from them since so many have commented that the tags are not arriving by mail as they should....

On our Royal Caribbean cruises the page to self print luggage tags are in the cruise docs, is it the same with Celebrity?

Thanks for any information!

If you can actually access your reservation you can print your documents 90 days before you cruise or when you make final payment.

Suggest you do not bother printing the luggage tags as the porters will put better ones less likely to tear on your bags at the curb when you arrive at the port.

Last, if you have not visited your roll call be sure and do so. Lots of info regarding private tours and other "stuff".

Unless you have flights or hotel reservations through the cruise line, you do not need to print your cruise docs. You only need the xpress pass. Generally, printing the docs is a waste of ink and paper. Print the statement you received when you booked the cruise. It should have all the info about your booking. No need for the lengthy cruise docs. Have a great cruise!

I sometimes have been upgraded to a different cabin so usually wait to print my documents about a week before my cruise.

Also, I print my luggage tags at this time as well. If you just put a strip or two of clear tape over them, you can use a hole punch and twist tie and they have never torn.

I'm told cruise ships fill from the top and the bottom. The least expensive and most expensive sell first. Cruise lines will upgrade guests so they can resell the lower level cabins. It's just a crap shoot. Best I ever got was 4 levels on Carnival. Booked way in advance for a family cruise. :)

Good luck with the upgrade fairy. Hope you get a visit!

If you can actually access your reservation you can print your documents 90 days before you cruise or when you make final payment.

E-docs are typically available 49 days (+ or - a few days) before the cruise, not when final payment is made or 90 days before the cruise. That's when you can order luggage tags.

Express pass is available after you do the on line check in and have made final payment.

ChezMaryLou -

Just completed online paperwork (surprisingly no hassles) for April 4th sail date. It is 90 days out according to the web site and let me fill in all the details. I simply printed out the first page of my checkin list. Take that with me. Would not accept an order for luggage tags. The website simply states no order less than 14 days out.

Unless you have flights or hotel reservations through the cruise line, you do not need to print your cruise docs. You only need the xpress pass. Generally, printing the docs is a waste of ink and paper. Print the statement you received when you booked the cruise. It should have all the info about your booking. No need for the lengthy cruise docs. Have a great cruise!

Good advice

ChezMaryLou -

Just completed online paperwork (surprisingly no hassles) for April 4th sail date. It is 90 days out according to the web site and let me fill in all the details. I simply printed out the first page of my checkin list. Take that with me. Would not accept an order for luggage tags. The website simply states no order less than 14 days out.

Completing on line paper work and printing out express pass, which is all you need to take to the port (& don't even need that but it makes it easier) is different from receiving the E-docs.

E-docs are usually available 49 days before the cruise. They are many pages and give you info on boarding time by deck, any booked pre cruise hotels or transfers, cruise protection policy if purchased, and more info than I can remember. You don't need to print the E-docs unless you have travel or hotel vouchers. Luggage tags are available for order when the E-docs are available.

I completed the on line paperwork for our March 20 cruise and was able to print the Express Pass also.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU