Tender / Port information

simonaitch

We are booked on the Jade out of Venice later this summer. I can't find anywhere on the website ( where the itinerary is listed) mention which ports are tender or port.

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction for this info ?

The Jade does a number of different itineraries, so you need to be a bit more specific.

However, ports which I know that the Jade does go to which may require tendering are Santorini (all the time) and Mykonos (I've always docked there, but tendering may be necessary if there are a few ships there).

We are booked on the Jade out of Venice later this summer. I can't find anywhere on the website ( where the itinerary is listed) mention which ports are tender or port.

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction for this info ?

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

• Europe
  • Cannes, France
  • Dubrovnik, Croatia*
  • Helsingborg, Sweden
  • Istanbul, Turkey*
  • Lerwick, Shetland Islands
  • Monte Carlo, Monaco*
  • Mykonos, Greece*
  • Naples, Italy*
  • Santorini, Greece
  • Split, Croatia

* Indicates a port where ship can dock or anchor, varies by call.

That's not a bad guide, but there are a couple of comments I'd make.

The list shows Split as being a tender port, but we docked there.

Now I think about it, I think I have heard of tendering in Dubrovnik, although we docked there and there was at least one other ship in port, so I think docking is most likely.

I'm not sure whether the Jade ever goes to Naples, but I've never heard of tendering there. I've been there about 5 times now and never seen a ship needing to tender.

Istanbul also has a lot of berths (I know from the number of ships we walked past to get to the port exit), although there is some work going on there I believe. However, missing the port totally seems more likely than tendering at the moment.

Istanbul also has a lot of berths (I know from the number of ships we walked past to get to the port exit), although there is some work going on there I believe. However, missing the port totally seems more likely than tendering at the moment.

I believe that NCL, and possibly other cruise lines, are not using Istanbul any more for the near future. Certainly the Star's itineraries for later in 2016 have been radically altered to remove Istanbul.

Mike

I have just read exactly what this says!!!!!

Ship Transfers and Shore Excursions Facilities

Ship Transfers & Tenders

Guests must be aware that certain vessel transfers, such as tendering and gangways, may not be fully accessible to wheelchairs or scooters at the time that they desire or that they cannot go ashore at all. When a ship is unable to dock, guests are taken ashore on smaller boats called tenders. Some guests with limited mobility may find it difficult to embark or disembark the ship at certain times while at dock or while tendering. Note: scooters and wheelchairs and/or guests that weigh 100lbs or more are not allowed to be transferred from the ship to tender and/or from tender to shore.

Please see a list of all ports with tender operations:

Please read the note as it is actually written. As it is written virtually no one could be tendered off the ship!!!

Mike

The Overweight Kiwi Pom!!

As NCL are now going to Asia and South America it would be nice if they would update the list.

I have emailed NCL Admin to suggest that they do that.

Mike

We have done cruises on Celebrity in Asia.

The very worst tender port was Bali, Indonesia.

For Australia, Cairns was a tender port.

For South America, Punta Arenas, Chile is a tender port as well as Punta del Este, Uruguay.