taxi from cruise terminal to Santiago Airport

Cruiser#5

Does anyone know the cost to get from the cruise terminal Santiago (Valparaiso) to the Airport (Santiago, Arturo Merino Benitez )?

Trying to determine if to go directly to the airport or take an excursion before heading there...

Edited by Cruiser#5

Does anyone know the cost to get from the cruise terminal Santiago (Valparaiso) to the Airport (Santiago, Arturo Merino Benitez )?

Trying to determine if to go directly to the airport or take an excursion before heading there...

We did a wonderful excursion with SouthExcursions on both cruises that we took that ended in Valpo. I suspect that a taxi would cost a lot more than what we paid for our tour of Valpo, visit to a winery in Casablanca, tour of Santiago and transport to the airport.

Try to visit the Case del Bosque winery.

We have just returned from a South America cruise (yesterday!).

At the beginning of our trip (18 December) we got a taxi from Santiago airport to our hotel in Valparaiso, near the cruise terminal. It was a fixed price, paid directly to the taxi company within the terminal building, before exiting the arrivals area.

It cost us 75,000 Chilean pesos.

That's the price the desk clerk at my Valparaiso hotel quoted me about 2 weeks ago. I opted for a comfy 4 pax van (that held lots of luggage) that provided a full day tour (8 hours) which we designed including a stop at Casa de Bosque winery for lunch. It cost $80 pp.

Just sailed Star Princess from Rio to Chile, 4 Jan - 18 Jan 2016. The Valparaiso, Chile terminal to Santiago airport is about 76 km. I took an 8-hr tour with southexcursions.com (ten people group) and after the tour we were dropped off at the airport at about 6pm - great time for a 10-ish departure ($90 ea). The taxi costs about $156.00 but if you arrange your transfer with the cruise it is around $86.00 per person.

Not many people know that you can stop at vineyards on your way to the port or on the way to the airport and Santiago.

A few years ago we used wine tours valparaiso. Great guide Michael from London who lives in Valparaiso.

We paid around $165,000 Chilean pesos per person for a full day that included 3 vineyards and a top food and wine pairing lunch. Prices may have change as we did do the tour in 2009.

http://www.winetoursvalparaiso.cl and michael@winetoursvalparaiso.cl

A very nice person that cares about people.

• 3 months later...
That's the price the desk clerk at my Valparaiso hotel quoted me about 2 weeks ago. I opted for a comfy 4 pax van (that held lots of luggage) that provided a full day tour (8 hours) which we designed including a stop at Casa de Bosque winery for lunch. It cost $80 pp.

Was the $80.00 pp the cost of taxi, or was it with a tour Co.?…

Donna