Less is more perk or package

Mutsi

Please Celebrity would you consider a simple wine package ? Those of us who like a glass or two with our meals only, as our daily pleasure.

This package could be for a maximum four glasses of wine per day red and or white costing approx $20 per, day.

So for $20.00 per day you would like 3 or 4 glasses of wine - for $5.00 a glass what would you be drinking? We just had had the premium package and we enjoyed some nice wines within the allotted amount but we also had some that were above the allotted price and we paid the difference. I doubt I would be happy with the wine quality on the regular package.

If all you drink is a glass or two a day -- just purchase them but they won't be that inexpensive. You do know that you can bring on 1 bottle of wine per adult passenger.

I'm curious how much the least expensive bottles are in the dining room these days. You could order a bottle and have them store what you don't drink.

The lowest priced wines are usually about $28 per bottle.

One issue that we had on our last Millennium cruise was that we were upgraded to a suite for the first time and dined in Luminae. We loved Luminae, but the wine list was different from the wine list in the MDR. Only pricey wines were on the list. Cheapest wine was $40-50 bottle. I had to buy the five bottle wine package to access the $28-35 wines that we normally drink.

Considering you were upgraded to a suite, maybe the 5 bottle wine pkg. was a small price to pay. Cruise lines make their money on drinks and extras. If you check out the recent Go pkg. the cruise prices are considerably higher. It is frustrating to pay their beverage prices, but apparently people continue to cruise and pay. I don't think Celebrity would ever offer a wine pkg. for $20/4 glasses per day. Their prIces seem to be increasing, not decreasing. One can keep hoping.........

Celebrity ships often sell bottles of wine at the bar in the buffet area during lunch for around $24. The only caveat is that they can't be taken to any of the other restaurants...but you can take them to your cabin or pour a glass in your cabin and take the glass to dinner (you shouldn't, but....). With a little "wine management" you could get your wine cost down to about where you want it.

One issue that we had on our last Millennium cruise was that we were upgraded to a suite for the first time and dined in Luminae. We loved Luminae, but the wine list was different from the wine list in the MDR. Only pricey wines were on the list. Cheapest wine was $40-50 bottle. I had to buy the five bottle wine package to access the $28-35 wines that we normally drink.

I would have thought you could have ordered any of the wines that were offered in the MDR while in Luminae.

Celebrity ships often sell bottles of wine at the bar in the buffet area during lunch for around $24. The only caveat is that they can't be taken to any of the other restaurants...but you can take them to your cabin or pour a glass in your cabin and take the glass to dinner (you shouldn't, but....). With a little "wine management" you could get your wine cost down to about where you want it.

We did exactly this on our last princess cruise. $5.00 small bottles sold at lunch & dinner in the buffet area. Red or white, got 2 glasses out of each. Why shouldn't we take a glass of wine into dinner? Don't people bring drinks from the diamond or elite lounges?:

Basing on these prices even $30 per day of good boutique wine would cover our daily pleasure of wine with our food.Boutique wines purchased in bulk as RCCL does for Azamara's inclusive mealtime offered wines. There would still be a profit in the package. We are not wine snobs nor are we trendy brand drinkers . For a couple of weeks we would put aside our delicate palates and settle with a reasonably priced,reasonable tasting glassof wine at meals. It is just like the coffee on board it is never high quality beans or blends but drinkable.(for a Melburnian ;) .

Oh there is a thought a coffee and wine package 3 espressos and 3 glasses of wine.

We are grateful that our loyalty club status has a great cocktail hour and some coffee included.Please Celebrity we would just like a small top up at an acceptable price. I know of many who would purchase such a package were it available.

I would have thought you could have ordered any of the wines that were offered in the MDR while in Luminae.

The problem was that just getting the wine list would cause a delay. The first bottle of wine that I ordered, from memory (wasn't on the Luminae wine list) was $38, which was fine. However, the Luminae staff was great, but they were clearly not happy with bringing in the MDR wine list.

The problem was that just getting the wine list would cause a delay. The first bottle of wine that I ordered, from memory (wasn't on the Luminae wine list) was $38, which was fine. However, the Luminae staff was great, but they were clearly not happy with bringing in the MDR wine list.

Excuse me while I try to find my world's tiniest violin. Who cares what they are happy about, it's your cruise not theirs!

Please Celebrity would you consider a simple wine package ? Those of us who like a glass or two with our meals only, as our daily pleasure.

This package could be for a maximum four glasses of wine per day red and or white costing approx $20 per, day.

Even in 2013 I didn't see any housewine for less than $7-$8 for a glass (before the gratuity). And all reports are that drinks have gone up in the past two years.

It all depends on wether Celebrity wish to give their guests a reason to keep Cruising with them. Celebrity is not advertising itself as inclusive but with an Aqua cabin and a few small touches we could almost have all we desire. Coffee and wine at meals are my only extras required.

Considering you were upgraded to a suite, maybe the 5 bottle wine pkg. was a small price to pay. Cruise lines make their money on drinks and extras. If you check out the recent Go pkg. the cruise prices are considerably higher. It is frustrating to pay their beverage prices, but apparently people continue to cruise and pay. I don't think Celebrity would ever offer a wine pkg. for $20/4 glasses per day. Their prIces seem to be increasing, not decreasing. One can keep hoping.........

I think they stated previously that they paid for the upgrade. It was not free.

We dined in BLU, not Luminae but were brought wines we requested. They were not all on the wine list provided.

HAL used to have a wine punch card where the house wines came to around $4.50 per glass, but that went away about 5 or so years ago. But they were very limited basics house wines, red, white, sparkling.

I am not sure any mass market cruise line sells wine now for $5.00 per glass.

Edited by Jade13