RC excursion to chankanaab park, Cozumel

bubba83

We're cruising this April... And I am starting to look at excursions...

We will have our 3 year old and 5.5 year old with my hubby and I and I think they would like to watch the Dolphins or the sea lion show at chankanaab... The price through RC seems reasonable... My question is that the excursion is only for a few hrs.... Do you get more time there than the few hrs with the RC transportation my kiddos was to do the beach as well

We have done the complete push pull with the dolphins, twice.

And yes it is more than just what you want of observing.

But, it is very hot here.

After our swim we got something to drink at the quick concession stand.

Then we walked thru the re-creation of a Mayan village, it was done well.

Then we ate real Mexican food at the restuarant on the beach, swam, and we were more than ready to go back at about 3 hours into this excursion.

They give you three times to catch the cabs back which are included in the cost.

Believe me when I say you will be more than ready to go back, did I say it is very hot..............no kidding your in Mexico.

Enjoy, we do

I think our taxi fare for two people was $32. We shared a van with another family and they had to pay the same.

There was a swimming pool too.

And then how much was it to get in the park?

I am a little anxious about going on our own so that's why I am possibly wanting to do the excursion through the ship

We're cruising this April... And I am starting to look at excursions...

We will have our 3 year old and 5.5 year old with my hubby and I and I think they would like to watch the Dolphins or the sea lion show at chankanaab... The price through RC seems reasonable... My question is that the excursion is only for a few hrs.... Do you get more time there than the few hrs with the RC transportation my kiddos was to do the beach as well

No need to take the ship's expensive excursion. It's only 10 minutes by taxi and about $19 or so to get in. Lots to do without spending anything aftyer that. Coupon entry discount here.

If you want to do something extra like a dolphin swim, bring a lot of money. There is no beach there except for a 30ft piece of sand good for toddlers.

This is what I wrote in review Sept 2013:

We got off ASAP and decided to go to Chakanaab Park. Cab was $11 for 3 and entry was $19pp with coupon that you can print out ahead of time. For that you get chair, pool, sea lion show, dolphin exhibition (no pictures allowed as they sell the ones they take of you), view crocodiles, botanical garden, snorkeling area. Rentals available. You can also swim with the dolphins at extra cost. Cost by ship excursion was $128 which included transportation and entry. There will be a zip line opening in November 2013. The pool was very nice with swim up bar. $2.50 beers. The beach was disappointing. Couldn’t be more than 30 ft and was in like a little bay, not on the ocean.

Edited by SeaUs

On the Liberty currently at sea back to galveston. We were in Cozumel yesterday and yes it it very warm 85 and humid. Taxis are safest I've ever felt in any port. We ended up at Mr. Sanchos $17 taxi, $34 for lunch sodas and three appetizers.

Chankanaab is closer than Mr. Sanchos and should only cost you $11 + tip. Take the coupon they mentioned above and it will save you money. We enjoyed our day at Chankanaab. In Grand Cayman we took a taxi to 7 mile beach.

Agree - do Chankanaab on your own. A few years back 18 yr old dd wanted to do the "royal swim" at Cozumel. For whatever reason, while RCL lists that excursion it wasn't offered on our sailing. Did some research and booked directly through Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab. Got 50% and promo included free park entry for dd. Cab ride was cheap and only about 10 minutes. Facilities were well above our expectations. Took the tour, saw the shows, did some snorkeling, had a bite and there were cabs waiting for return to ship. Lovely day, and dd had a blast. Wouldn't hesitate to return.

I've done Chankanaab three times now, always independently. First time was with a 3yo, second time was with a 4yo.

The little cove is perfect for kids -- it's a very shallow to walk into the water, and protected from the waves. There is a HUGE beach area that has rocks between the sand and the water if you want a large beach to run around on, but the little cove area for swimming and sand castles is great for kids.

When you're ready to leave, there will be a park employee there to assist with cabs. He'll ask how many in your party, and possibly combine you with another small group if there's room in the van, etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to do Chankanaab independently, even as a single person. Very easy and very safe.