Celebrity dress code

Hip roll

I'm thinking that DH's dressiest dress shirts with cuff links will work well for the new dress code and save packing a DJ. I think it's time Celebrity changed their dress code so they don't lose cruisers who choose not to wear a blazer/suit or tux. Those that want to can still wear them so it's a way to please pretty much everyone. I have noticed that women have already started dressing in more cocktail length dresses than long formal dresses anyway so I don't see it affecting the dress of the women on board as much.

I'm thinking that DH's dressiest dress shirts with cuff links will work well for the new dress code and save packing a DJ. I think it's time Celebrity changed their dress code so they don't lose cruisers who choose not to wear a blazer/suit or tux. Those that want to can still wear them so it's a way to please pretty much everyone. I have noticed that women have already started dressing in more cocktail length dresses than long formal dresses anyway so I don't see it affecting the dress of the women on board as much.

It's one thing to say that moving away from tuxedos or suits is a good idea - but blazers? How hard is it to pack/wear a blazer - which makes it possible to maintain a minimal degree of formality. A woman will look well put together in a cocktail dress as well as a formal gown, but for a man to not wear any sort of jacket is a major change.

It's one thing to say that moving away from tuxedos or suits is a good idea - but blazers? How hard is it to pack/wear a blazer - which makes it possible to maintain a minimal degree of formality. A woman will look well put together in a cocktail dress as well as a formal gown, but for a man to not wear any sort of jacket is a major change.

Well our trip is a 3 week Hawaii land and cruise vacation. We will need rain gear and a warm jacket to hike at Haleakala crater, hiking shoes ect and hope to pack in one suitcase each as we will have a wash machine available to us during the land part of our trip.

Most people say you should dress as your host requests and our host apparently is now making jackets optional. :)

Edited by Karysa

Just off equinox

We had 2 dress nights. No need for suit, my hubby and sons wore shirts and ties and were fine. Yes some suits and tuxes but they looked nice without the suit

Did you notice anyone wearing a dresses shirt with accented cuffs and no tie? I prefer DH a little less buttoned up while on vacation.;) Thanks:)

Did you notice anyone wearing a dresses shirt with accented cuffs and no tie? I prefer DH a little less buttoned up while on vacation.;) Thanks:)

That sounds like complying with Celebrity's "Evening Chic" - I'm not sure I see any real difference between "Smart Casual" and "Evening Chic" as described by Celebrity - neither specify necktie or jacket - so beyond perhaps the condition of jeans, they are pretty much the same.

Because I prefer to wear a blazer whenever traveling - having the pockets alone is worth the effort, I can easily comply with reasonably formal requirements (a necktie, if necessary, takes zero space) --- but I am glad to no longer need to pack a dinner jacket, or even dark suit -- unless on Cunard.

That sounds like complying with Celebrity's "Evening Chic" - I'm not sure I see any real difference between "Smart Casual" and "Evening Chic" as described by Celebrity - neither specify necktie or jacket - so beyond perhaps the condition of jeans, they are pretty much the same.

Because I prefer to wear a blazer whenever traveling - having the pockets alone is worth the effort, I can easily comply with reasonably formal requirements (a necktie, if necessary, takes zero space) --- but I am glad to no longer need to pack a dinner jacket, or even dark suit -- unless on Cunard.

I didn't notice much difference between the two different types of "dress" for men really. To me at least its the womens "dress" for the different types of "dress" that seems to be more obviously different.