Carnival Miracle Long Beach CA

hartwickds

....... and you were told what you experienced was an aberration. Long Beach has way more than 12 check in counters, more like 30 inside.

You never answered on your other thread why you went dressed for the weather? It's winter, it's cold, dress appropriately.

Every cruise I have ever taken, one checks in, inside a building, not outside under an awning. Stop defending the indefensible! Nearly 2 hours to check in for a cruises is an abomination Edited by hartwickds

Every cruise I have ever taken, one checks in, inside a building, not outside under an awning. Stop defending the indefensible! Nearly 2 hours to check in for a cruises is an abomination

And if you would of again done research you would have known not to show up that early in Long Beach. It is widely known it is outside check-in until embarkation starts.

Lack of planning on your part does not make it Carnival's fault.

I am a veteran cruiser, I have been on 11 cruises, 9 with Norweigan and 2 on Celebrity. This is my first cruise on Carnival and by the way the check in process has been this will be my last! I arrived at the check in at 1:45pm via carnivals bus shuttle and directed to the most obscene line I have ever experienced. It is now 2:40 and we are waiting outside in the cold (freezing I might add) and have at least another 1 1/2 hours to go to reach the front of the line to check in. I spoke with a supervisor who claims 7 people called out sick. There approximately 12 spots to check in and only 5 people manning the check in booths. This has got to be the most incompetent and bottom of the barrel cruise line ever. I will never cruise this line again as I was met with both incompetence and indifference. Be forewarned anyone cruising on the Miracle!

Give them another chance and get Faster To The Fun next time. We had it when we embarked at Long Beach in November, and we bypassed the long check-in line.

And if you would of again done research you would have known not to show up that early in Long Beach. It is widely known it is outside check-in until embarkation starts.

I didn't show up early... In fact my embarkation slip stated to show up between 1:00 and 2:00pm, which is exactly what I did... Arriving at 1:45

Edited by hartwickds

I booked my roundtrip transportation through the cruise line. It was reliable and uneventful. The bus dropped me off at Long Beach and I was directed to the most obscene line I have ever scene. It was a cold morning and we were made to stand outside in 40-50 degree weather for nearly 2 hours.

This was your quote from the know locked thread 1:45 is afternoon not morning. Plus the weather in Long Beach was not 40-50 degrees it was in the 60's. I fully understand your frustration with the lines but lets not embellish on the details.

Another issue was that he took the Carnival shuttle. 72 pax offloading at the same time.

Another issue was that he took the Carnival shuttle. 72 pax offloading at the same time.

There were a grand total of 6, yes 6 people on the airport shuttle bus. That is it! Do you work for carnival? I am really starting to believe that many of you who are critical of my experience are carnival employee plants! I am glad all of you are so perfect. I am merely relaying my personal experience on that day. It was atrocious

I am a veteran cruiser, I have been on 11 cruises, 9 with Norweigan and 2 on Celebrity. This is my first cruise on Carnival and by the way the check in process has been this will be my last! I arrived at the check in at 1:45pm via carnivals bus shuttle and directed to the most obscene line I have ever experienced. It is now 2:40 and we are waiting outside in the cold (freezing I might add) and have at least another 1 1/2 hours to go to reach the front of the line to check in. I spoke with a supervisor who claims 7 people called out sick. There approximately 12 spots to check in and only 5 people manning the check in booths. This has got to be the most incompetent and bottom of the barrel cruise line ever. I will never cruise this line again as I was met with both incompetence and indifference. Be forewarned anyone cruising on the Miracle!

I live in Los Angeles. It is a very nice day outside.

....... and you were told what you experienced was an aberration. Long Beach has way more than 12 check in counters, more like 30 inside.

You never answered on your other thread why you went dressed for the weather? It's winter, it's cold, dress appropriately.

To answer your statement... As soon as I got off of the carnival shuttle bus from the airport the carnival representative asked what desk we were on and assigned us o the line accordingly... I was on the lowest deck, which I think was deck 4 and was told to go to the outside check in line, where there were only 5 employees at the time (terminals for 12) checking folks in.

As far as the weather yes I left the hotel expecting it to be warm (optimistic as I was going to the Mexican Riveria) never expecting to be outside for nearly 2 hours... It turned into a very windy and cold afternoon, and overcast... Hence th feeling of 40-50 degrees outside. Could th actually temperature been warmer, perhaps? But the wind chill was clearly as I stated. Get off my back, as you did not experience what I experienced!

Edited by hartwickds

This was your quote from the know locked thread 1:45 is afternoon not morning. Plus the weather in Long Beach was not 40-50 degrees it was in the 60's. I fully understand your frustration with the lines but lets not embellish on the details.

Get a life! Morning/afternoon we are talking semantics! I arrived at 1:45pm via the carnival shuttle

Get a life! Morning/afternoon we are talking semantics! I arrived at 1:45pm via the carnival shuttle

You don't like Carnival, you already stated you won't be back, so why do you keep coming back?

Much like the other thread you can't defend your contradictory statements so you get defensive. I'm going out on a limb here and saying you must be a liberal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You don't like Carnival, you already stated you won't be back, so why do you keep coming back?

Much like the other thread you can't defend your contradictory statements so you get defensive. I'm going out on a limb here and saying you must be a liberal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's my experience... Pure and simple... No need to have other people like yourself twist what I experienced... Perhaps you had a completely different experience... I hope you did... But my experience was horrendous and the point of cruise critic is to share experiences... hopefully carnival gets there act together as a result of this post and no one else has this experience again...

What the hell does my political views have to do with this thread? Get a life

It's my experience... Pure and simple... No need to have other people like yourself twist what I experienced... Perhaps you had a completely different experience... I hope you did... But my experience was horrendous and the point of cruise critic is to share experiences... hopefully carnival gets there act together as a result of this post and no one else has this experience again...

What the hell does my political views have to do with this thread? Get a life

As many have said, your embark was an aberration. The other issues you brought onto yourself. Not checking the weather, the ATM fiasco. Those issues could have happened on any cruise line (yes, even Celebrity and NCL) and port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48794734

No idea what your politics have to do with anything.

Edited by SadieN

As many have said, your embark was an aberration. The other issues you brought onto yourself. Not checking the weather, the ATM fiasco. Those issues could have happened on any cruise line (yes, even Celebrity and NCL) and port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48794734

No idea what your politics have to do with anything.

This is a thread about my embarkation experience.... The ATM fiasco was addressed on a different thread...

Doesn't matter the thread, they all could have been avoided with some planning and going to guest services.

How. Could one avoid a nearly 2 hours embarkation process? I was told to arrive between1-2 which I did... After 40 minutes of waiting I spoke with a supervisor about my concerns and my concerns fell of deaf ears.... One can only conclude that this is a cruise line that doesn't care about its customers...

Edited by hartwickds

Don't ignore my comments as I did not have any negative attitude before the cruise! I was in a great mood until I literally stood outside in line for 1:45 to 1:50 minutes to board the cruise. If anyone thinks that waiting nearly 2 hours to embark is acceptable they are crazy! I would avoid Carnival Miracle like the plague!

This can happen on any line at any port. After 50 cruises it has happened to me several times on different lines and different ports. Stuff happens.

I've traveled out of Long Beach and San Pedro more times than I can count and your experience is not the norm. Has it happened before? Yes. Will it happen again? Yes. Time to get over it.

You have to learn to go with the flow or find another choice for vacationing because this type of thing will happen again. Of this I am certain.

It's really no different than flying out of an airport. Sometimes things just don't go as planned.

How. Could one avoid a nearly 2 hours embarkation process? I was told to arrive between1-2 which I did... After 40 minutes of waiting I spoke with a supervisor about my concerns and my concerns fell of deaf ears.... One can only conclude that this is a cruise line that doesn't care about its customers...

The only thing I've concluded is I'm happy you won't be on the same ship about a month from now when I am.:p

I'll report back then,,,,

The only thing I've concluded is I'm happy you won't be on the same ship about a month from now when I am.:p

I'll report back then,,,,

Leaving on Sunday. Chance of rain, chilly and windy.