Dancing and jacket removal??

weatherman46

If we are talking about Ballroom,Latin or Sequence, some do but the majority wouldn't even dream to. If a guy really wants to 'look the part' on the dance floor, even if their feet don't know in which direction they should be going ...better to keep a jacket on ;)

Party nights, G32 and Deck Parties ......well anything goes :D

Please can someone tell me if men are allowed to take their jackets off when dancing on both formal nights and smart casual nights??

I've seen it, but usually in G32. Most of the ball rooms were well A/C. The dancers were a bit more subdued than in G32 & didn't get too sweaty.

Thank you for the replies.

Having read though the other threads on this matter, I have decided I will take my jacket off if I am too warm or if the dance is something fast such as jive.

Many dancers chose to wear a tuxedo vest/waistcoat so that they can maintain their "formal" appearance when they remove their tuxedo jacket.

Bob

If we are talking about Ballroom,Latin or Sequence, some do but the majority wouldn't even dream to. If a guy really wants to 'look the part' on the dance floor, even if their feet don't know in which direction they should be going ...better to keep a jacket on ;)

Party nights, G32 and Deck Parties ......well anything goes :D

Er, yes Bell Boy...

11187894645_e4b5de673e_z.jpg

However, I will confess to removing my jacket once on QM2. It was a fast Cha Cha Cha plus I wanted to show off my latest 'formal' shirt.

Please can someone tell me if men are allowed to take their jackets off when dancing on both formal nights and smart casual nights??

One should be very careful about doing this sort of thing, it is precisely how the Chippendales got started.

Regards John

Edited by john watson