Room Steward Service?

joysea

This is correct. You may check off as many of the services as you want. Believe it or not, there's guests who want limited stateroom service..probably so they can justify not tipping.

Nope,

Let the kids sleep in their room and my wife sleep in our room. I also keep our room tidy and I don't need the service very often. When I travel solo for work, I could leave the do not disturb sign out for up to 4 days in my hotel room.

It has nothing to do with tipping and everything to do with not wasting resources and services.

This trial program is only on one or two ships. The stateroom stewards will just leave the slip and pick it up. They aren't negotiating with you.

I thought they announced they rolled it out fleet wide.

My concern is those stewards that have passengers that select once a day service don't get extra time off; they will be stretched even further to take care of even more cabins. So room service collectively will suffer for all. The butler type attending is disappearing as there guys end up just trying to get all the cabins assigned to them complete, all while adding more and more cabins to them.

This is correct. You may check off as many of the services as you want. Believe it or not, there's guests who want limited stateroom service..probably so they can justify not tipping.

Actually if I asked for half the service, I wouldn't til as much as the passenger that got full service. Kinda like when you eat at a buffet. You don't tip as much there as you do for a full service restaurant.

I am on the Pride now. Yesterday, the first day, our room steward Jay stopped in and personally introduced himself and explained we may have our room serviced twice a day or just in the am or pm. He asked us to also fill out a card with our request. We chose just the am service but asked for ice twice a day. So far the ice bucket has been full and we also got a towel animal last night as well as a turn down.

I am on the Pride now. Yesterday, the first day, our room steward Jay stopped in and personally introduced himself and explained we may have our room serviced twice a day or just in the am or pm. He asked us to also fill out a card with our request. We chose just the am service but asked for ice twice a day. So far the ice bucket has been full and we also got a towel animal last night as well as a turn down.

Thank you, this is just the answer I was hoping for.....

I found this. Seems to answer my question.

c4d2ed13f792be31345cfac5bcbf339d.jpg

I, like an earlier poster, was on the Pride Oct 31, and we were given the card posted by firemanbobswife personally by the steward. He verbally explained we could choose cabin service twice per day by checking both morning and evening.

Perfectly logical without needing explanation as the other options similarly contained on the form do not connote mutual exclusivity (except for the last one).

It worked out well with our preference and actually improved our experience.

Edited by KevInPitt

I wonder what you all have done to your rooms that you need service twice a day?? I cannot imagine having someone come into our cabin that often to putter around??

They don't do that in most hotels on land so I wouldn't miss it at all on the ship.

I wonder what you all have done to your rooms that you need service twice a day?? I cannot imagine having someone come into our cabin that often to putter around??

They don't do that in most hotels on land so I wouldn't miss it at all on the ship.

It's mostly just changing out the towels for me. I usually take my showers at night and like to have fresh towels and washcloths in the morning. I have tried hanging them up, but they don't seem to dry very well in the bathroom. Maybe due to not a lot of air circulation?

Making my bed isn't that big of a deal as I normally do that anyway. I am a very neat person so they don't ever have to do much of anything else to my room.

It's more needed on a ship because the rooms are so small. We like to have our wet bath and pool towels switched out in the morning and evening. With five people in a room, we don't have enough space to hang all the towels to dry. We also like the room cleaned in the morning and look forward to the evening towel animal and the next day's schedule.

It sounds like the official policy is to allow people to choose both, but in any situation you run into employees who are going above and beyond and employees who try to do less. John Heald announced a few months ago that the forms would be edited to add the option "Both," but it sounds like that hasn't happened yet. That would make things much clearer for guests.

It brings a nice elegant touch to a cruise. Might take the steward 10 minutes max to straighten out and replace towels and make towel animals.

We are used to it and will always request this service.

If you don't grasp the concept of how this is "green", no amount of explaining it will help you.

I understand how it can be construed as "green". I'm just saying, it's pretty obvious that it's yet another area that Carnival is attempting to cut costs and hoping the customers won't notice.

I understand how it can be construed as "green". I'm just saying, it's pretty obvious that it's yet another area that Carnival is attempting to cut costs and hoping the customers won't notice.

I agree that this has more to do with cutting costs than going green. How often you want your towels and sheets washed really has nothing to do with the frequency of service from your steward.

I suppose it is different with 5 people in a room?

We rarely let the steward into our cabin during a 7 day cruise! We just get towels ourselves from the wagon and let them know we've taken them. We probably let them come in once to do their whole routine .

We are private people and don't really like folks in so often. We don't think it is "elegant" at all.

We actually think it is bothersome.

John Heald said the form would include something along the lines of select all that apply. This doesn't.

On the Victory last month our steward verbally asked us if we wanted morning OR night. I said do they still do both and he said only on special request. I said we preferred twice daily service. But it was certainly presented to me as "select one" not "tell me which apply".

I feel bad for the stewards. carnival is handing them the rope to hang themselves with.

Edited by LMaxwell

You will also be given a choice to have your sheets changed and use of a Carnival Robe. We also tip our steward on the first day and last night of the cruise.

Oh no! The robes aren't automatically available in the room..? On Princess you have to request the robe in advance; and they weren't the nice, long, thick robes I am used to on Carnival.

It brings a nice elegant touch to a cruise. Might take the steward 10 minutes max to straighten out and replace towels and make towel animals.

We are used to it and will always request this service.

Agreed has always been part of the cruise experience for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it is different with 5 people in a room?

We rarely let the steward into our cabin during a 7 day cruise! We just get towels ourselves from the wagon and let them know we've taken them. We probably let them come in once to do their whole routine .

We are private people and don't really like folks in so often. We don't think it is "elegant" at all.

We actually think it is bothersome.

We are all different. world is more interesting this way