Live from Jewel

Susie51

Embarkation was fast. At curb 12:10 pm, on the ship.

Tasty pork chop dinner in MDR. My Time dining at 5:45 great service at two top. Made reservations for the week at the same table with Ray and V as our excellent waiters.

Thanks for doing a report-Jewel doesn't get alot of love these days in live reports.

Did you eat in the WJ on embarkation or did you find someplace else?

Next time you see me, please say hi. Today I'm wearing a navy blue RCCL Navigator T-shirt.

We enjoy the food in the WJ for breakfast and lunch. Today I especially enjoyed the seafood cream sauce with pasta.

Embarkation was fast. At curb 12:10 pm, on the ship.

Tasty pork chop dinner in MDR. My Time dining at 5:45 great service at two top. Made reservations for the week at the same table with Ray and V as our excellent waiters.

You got to the port at 12:10? How long till you were onboard?

We got to the terminal at 12:10 and on the ship at 12:25. We did stop for pictures.

Second night which is a sea day was the first formal night. I don't know the night of the 2nd formal night. I'll ask at the front desk.

We ate in the MDR for dinner again at the same table at 5:30pm. We both had the beef tenderloin which was tender and tasty. The mashed potatoes and gravy were delicious.

Fast question for you Susie 51, if you remember, what time was the welcome aboard show on the first night. We board on Sunday, and would maybe like to see this one (we've always been busy on our other cruises). Figure if I can plan for it, more likely to make it.

fast question for you susie 51, if you remember, what time was the welcome aboard show on the first night. We board on sunday, and would maybe like to see this one (we've always been busy on our other cruises). Figure if i can plan for it, more likely to make it.

7:30

The second formal night will be on Friday.

We didn't care for our food selections in the MDR tonight. However the cream of mushroom soup was good.

The Gorgonzola cream sauce with pasta was delicious in the WJ at lunch time.

thinking on taking a Jewel cruise in Dec.

what ports are you going to? Any recommendations on tours?

We are going to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antequa, St. Croix St. Maarten, and back to San Juan.

We took a taxi and did a short tour of the island today in Barbados. People who went to Sand Beach said there weren't many fish there. Others said the water wasn't clear.

I'll give more info as the cruise progresses.

Edited by Susie51

The second formal night will be on Friday.

We didn't care for our food selections in the MDR tonight. However the cream of mushroom soup was good.

The Gorgonzola cream sauce with pasta was delicious in the WJ at lunch time.

We are going to Barbados, St. Lucia, 'Antigua', St. Croix, St. Maarten, and back to San Juan.gI'll give more info as the cruise progresses.

If it's not too late, take a St. Lucia ship's tour that takes you to the volcano, very near the Pitons. You get right down into the crater of the volcano. Excellent excursion.

When you get to St. Croix, the ships Panoramic excursion gave a great tour of the island. When we got to the other side, there was time for a stop on the boardwalk for a waterfront drink and quick lunch at different cafes.

We did these two tours on JW two weeks ago. Enjoy Jewel!!!

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

If it's not too late, take a St. Lucia ship's tour that takes you to the volcano, very near the Pitons. You get right down into the crater of the volcano. Excellent excursion.

When you get to St. Croix, the ships Panoramic excursion gave a great tour of the island. When we got to the other side, there was time for a stop on the boardwalk for a waterfront drink and quick lunch at different cafes.

We did these two tours on JW two weeks ago. Enjoy Jewel!!!

Rick and Deirdra

We are doing this shore ex today. Thanks for tip.

We enjoyed the shore ex. The small bus was very comfortable with good AC. Our bus driver was exceptionally good. We are resting now and then eating in the WJ tonight.

We had a late lunch in the WJ. The cream sauce with pasta was delicious as usual. Each day the carrots are cooked perfectly.

Hi Susie! Can you ask someone on the activities team which cruise director will be coming onboard when John Blair begins his break this weekend? (Will it be Dennis Charles?) I'd like to update the CD list with the correct info.

Thanks and Bon Voyage!

We enjoyed the shore ex. The small bus was very comfortable with good AC. Our bus driver was exceptionally good. We are resting now and then eating in the WJ tonight.

We had a late lunch in the WJ. The cream sauce with pasta was delicious as usual. Each day the carrots are cooked perfectly.

what was the name of the excursion you took?