No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

Our TA just sent us the information it will be the Emerald Princess.

Dates: Oct 8 2017 and March 30 2018.

We are going to book March 30th

Let the planning start!!

TAs often have advance knowledge....he can't book it now, but will book it as soon as the itinerary is released

I'll be contacting TA...did this one before...want to do it again.

Joanie

Will the Emerald go from LA to Sydney on these upcoming dates to be released? Did your TA give you any details. We are interested in 2018!

The Emerald is returning to Los Angeles from Australia in the fall 2017. Then Alaska for 2018. I guess the answer to your question is no, sorry.

Will the Emerald go from LA to Sydney on these upcoming dates to be released? Did your TA give you any details. We are interested in 2018!

There was no Sydney to LA cruise listed. We have done that cruise twice and loved it.

The one thing I see is Around trip LA to Alaska 12 day cruise at the end of

April. It's the next cruise after the Pacific cruise. Would be nice to add on but it's not the best time to go to Alaska.

There was no Sydney to LA cruise listed. We have done that cruise twice and loved it.

April. It's the next cruise after the Pacific cruise. Would be nice to add on but it's not the best time to go to Alaska.

So is it an LA to Tahiti/ Hawaii round trip run?

So is it an LA to Tahiti/ Hawaii round trip run?

Yes, we are talking about a 28 day cruise round trip LA with stops at the 3 Hawaiian Islands, American Samoa, Western Samoa and 3 islands in French Polynesia. 18 sea days. It has sailed in Mid October the last few years. This year it is scheduled for October 20. Princess has not released the schedule for October 2017, but the schedule should be out in the next 10 days or so.

We took the cruise last October. We loved it so much we are on again this October and plan to book it for 2017 as soon as it is announced.

On another subject, we are sailing with you on the Royal TA April, 2017. We are signed up on your tour to Gibraltar. So, if you take the October South Pacific, we will see a lot of you.

OK!! Now it's official and we have 2 to choose from. Either would be just super fine with us.

Decisions! :eek: Decisions! :mad: In case you haven't guessed I hate making decision. (Derek before you chime in, No I can't afford to take both.) :D

We are just wrapping up 15 glorious days of peace and relaxation on board the Star Princess. Our 1st aft suite and while I like it the DW is not thoroughly convinced yet. I think she may need another 28 day cruise to bring her around!! ;)

We had 500 minutes between us and so far we (I) have used aroung 35 to 40. (Miss Betty has used Zero)Sorry but relaxing comes before Chat Time! :p

Just Mike

Heiner, I'm bummed.:( My TA knows nothing about the upcoming cruises and I'm anxious to book the October 8, 2017 NOW. If possible could you email me the name of your TA at KathL28824@aol.com. Happy Sailing!! Kathleen

Yes, we are talking about a 28 day cruise round trip LA with stops at the 3 Hawaiian Islands, American Samoa, Western Samoa and 3 islands in French Polynesia. 18 sea days. It has sailed in Mid October the last few years. This year it is scheduled for October 20. Princess has not released the schedule for October 2017, but the schedule should be out in the next 10 days or so.

We took the cruise last October. We loved it so much we are on again this October and plan to book it for 2017 as soon as it is announced.

On another subject, we are sailing with you on the Royal TA April, 2017. We are signed up on your tour to Gibraltar. So, if you take the October South Pacific, we will see a lot of you.

We will do the one in March, 2018. We do not cruise in Sept, Oct or Nov - college football during that time and we are avid OU football fans and have season tickets! Do not miss a game!

On May 1st the Future Cruise agent aboard the Grand Princess informed me that the Emerald would be making the Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti 28 day cruise round trip out of L.A. and will embark Oct 8th, 2017. This cruise is not yet available for booking but will be sometime in the last of May.

We will do the one in March, 2018. We do not cruise in Sept, Oct or Nov - college football during that time and we are avid OU football fans and have season tickets! Do not miss a game!

I hope we'll be able to join you. We've been wanting to do this ever since we did our Hawaiian RT on the Grand. And we have some friends who might want to join us--crossing my fingers!

BabsinTx (Longhorn fan!)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=385055&d=1462988194

Here's the link to the new Americas itineraries list. I don't know if I'm doing this right. If the link doesn't open, I got it from post number 11 in the following thread. It says that cruises will be open for booking on May 19.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2354758

I think that I'm still seriously looking at the March 30, 2018.

The waiting is over for us! We have chosen the October 8, 2017 Emerald. We have given our TA the cabin choices we are interested in so she can jump in when it is open on the 19th.

We look forward to planning with other cruisers. YAY!!!:D:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=385055&d=1462988194

Here's the link to the new Americas itineraries list. I don't know if I'm doing this right. If the link doesn't open, I got it from post number 11 in the following thread. It says that cruises will be open for booking on May 19.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2354758

I think that I'm still seriously looking at the March 30, 2018.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!! LA is my homeport so seeing that Emerald will be joining us in 2017 and 2018 really makes me happy! So happy to see Princess' dedication for the West Coast market and all the cool new itineraries they'll be offering in the future- one that really did grab my attention was the 12 day to Alaska RT from LA! I have DREAMED of a cruise to Alaska from here in Los Angeles found trip and looks like Princess heard my idea, LOL! Very excited for the Emerald to join us here! :D

From intern sources I know Emerald is not about to return to Australia in 2017/18.

In fall 2017 she is due to sail out of Los Angeles for a 28 night South Pacific Ocean cruise and for 7 night runs to Mexico.

In winter period 2017/18 she is operating on the SOUTH AMERICA itineraries around Cape Horn (:) :)), and in spring 2017 she is back in LA for another 28 night Pacific cruise and a 12 night ALasa cruise from/to LA.

In fall 2017 and spring 2018 there are also two cruises between LA and Valparaiso (Santiago de Chile).

After much consideration and due deliberation we have decided to cruise with our friends (of 1 night) Jeannie & Paul on the Oct. 8, 2017 Cruise! After all we chatted for 18 months and then met for one evening and that was the end of the meeting. So Betty and I will start another long chat conversation with them and see them in Los Angeles in early Oct. 2017.

Maybe we will make this cruise!!! :eek: :D

By the way, we really loved the Star Princess (our 2nd cruise on her) and if you want to call 27 patients a Noro scare then I guess we had one. Out of 2,700 passengers and 1,300 crew, 27 is No Big Thing. The crew was always busy wiping, cleaning and urging you to wash your hands and use the dispensers.

Emerald, here we come and yes our TA is on top of things as of now. ;)

Just Mike

In 2012 and 2014 I organized a "reunion cruise" for my Navy submarine shipmates as well as their friends and relatives. By using the same travel agent we were able to have a "group booking" arranged for us. I am trying to set up the same thing for this cruise so now I will be trying to round up old friends and others to join us and see if we can get enough to qualify as a group booking. Wish me luck as it will be hard considering the length and cost of this cruise.

Glad it has call come together!

Now to do the Spring '18... that's the plan/goal.

Karen is looking into Fiji sorta deal from Australia, but honestly (she NEVER comes here so I"m safe to say this) there's no way I want to be on a plane for the amount of time it takes to get to Australia (there and back) with her!

Why? If she "has" to do something, like not yap non-stop, not fidget about, she can't do it. If it is something that is just "done", that is spontaneous, but the moment it is the only option, she is like a humming bird on crystal meth!

Let's not forget the 6 hour flight time from PA to LA, then LA to Australia... so let's hope I can get the convincing done!

Completely stoked Princess is still doing this!

Hey Mike & Betty,

Glad you are going for the October cruise. We look forward to seeing you and Betty for more than 10 minutes. :)

We just have to keep our wives healthy. We plan to book on Thursday

Paul,

Is the Oct 2017 opening up on Princess on Thursday?

Sandra

Does anyone know when the post Mediterranean itineraries ( post May 2017) of the Majestic Princess will be released ? It is supposed to sail from the mediterranean through the Suez Canal to Asia where it will home base in China.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app