No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

YIPEE!!!!! The October 2017 and April 2018 opened today and my fabulous TA booked the cabin I wanted so I'm a happy camper. We were scheduled to take this October's Tahiti cruise and had to cancel so this gives us something to look forward to.

Now Just Mike has to get on board and get things moving. In 2015 Mike's

Shutterfly page was a hoot and extremely helpful in planning excursions and other special events: unfortunately Mike and Betty had a medical emergency and had to cancel so we will get to meet Marvelous Mike and his better half Miss Betty on this trip. Happy Sailing!

Here is a link to the Shutterfly page Mike has started.

https://oct28daycruisehawaiisamoatahiti.shutterfly.com/rollcall

Edited by Duffysmom

YIPEE!!!!! The October 2017 and April 2018 opened today and my fabulous TA booked the cabin I wanted so I'm a happy camper. We were scheduled to take this October's Tahiti cruise and had to cancel so this gives us something to look forward to.

Now Just Mike has to get on board and get things moving. In 2015 Mike's

Shutterfly page was a hoot and extremely helpful in planning excursions and other special events: unfortunately Mike and Betty had a medical emergency and had to cancel so we will get to meet Marvelous Mike and his better half Miss Betty on this trip. Happy Sailing!

Here is a link to the Shutterfly page Mike has started.

https://oct28daycruisehawaiisamoatahiti.shutterfly.com/rollcall

Kathleen & Ron, Thanks for the plug for the 2017 Shutterfly! We are looking forward to meeting so many of the 2015 HST cruisers that we were unable to. Betty is doing just great as we had a trial run 15 day Hawaii early this month. While the Star was in need of a Spa Treatment she is still a grand ole lady! Hopefully the Emerald will be just as grand!

Everyone, come on over to our Emerald Roll Call Oct. 2017! We need to buildup my enthusiasm as I seem to be lacking for this cruise!

Just Mike

Hey out there! Where are our Canadian Friends? dudley_doright.gif

Kathleen & Ron, Thanks for the plug for the 2017 Shutterfly! We are looking forward to meeting so many of the 2015 HST cruisers that we were unable to. Betty is doing just great as we had a trial run 15 day Hawaii early this month. While the Star was in need of a Spa Treatment she is still a grand ole lady! Hopefully the Emerald will be just as grand!

Everyone, come on over to our Emerald Roll Call Oct. 2017! We need to buildup my enthusiasm as I seem to be lacking for this cruise!

Just Mike

Hey out there! Where are our Canadian Friends? dudley_doright.gif

What, you're lacking enthusiasm? Let me assure you that the cruise in 2015 was spectacular. The South Pacific is unspoiled as are the people. It was

thrilling to find the natives of the Islands unpretentious and genuine. Unlike so many areas of the world these remote Islands do not have thousands of visitors pouring off cruise ships dropping trash and bad attitudes. I met so many Samoans and Tahitians (as well as the people from Bora Bora and Moorea) who were delightful and not jaded by tourists. I so look forward to revisiting these lovely people and Islands again. Kathleen

PS: Mike if you need help with the Shutterfly page I'm available.

Edited by Duffysmom

I wonder if there would be much difference in the weather between the 2 sailing dates? It seems there are more coastal California storms in the spring time.

Yah - who knows - we hit a nice sized storm on the Grand to Hawaii last March. But we'll only be a day or so out and the same back in Cali coastal waters.

April 2018 will be Fall in Samoa and Tahiti.

Copied shamelessly:

AVERAGE WEATHER IN APIA, SAMOA

What's the best time to travel to Apia in Samoa? Here are some facts:

On average, the temperatures are always high.

A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.

On average, the warmest month is January.

On average, the coolest month is August.

January is the wettest month.

July is the driest month.

Yah - who knows - we hit a nice sized storm on the Grand to Hawaii last March. But we'll only be a day or so out and the same back in Cali coastal waters.

April 2018 will be Fall in Samoa and Tahiti.

Copied shamelessly:

AVERAGE WEATHER IN APIA, SAMOA

What's the best time to travel to Apia in Samoa? Here are some facts:

On average, the temperatures are always high.

A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.

On average, the warmest month is January.

On average, the coolest month is August.

January is the wettest month.

July is the driest month.

Thanks, it's like they say for stocks - past performance is no guarantee for the future. We went ahead and booked for March, October 2017 is already committed to a TA. We'll just go with the flow.

Oh!!! I haven't been on the boards much lately and just saw that the October 2017 28 day is a go! Sounds wonderful to me!!! We will look into this! Checked the Shutterfly site, looks great, as usual!!

Kristy

Oh!!! I haven't been on the boards much lately and just saw that the October 2017 28 day is a go! Sounds wonderful to me!!! We will look into this! Checked the Shutterfly site, looks great, as usual!!

Kristy

Come and join us. The Roll Call and Shutterfly are already up and going

I found this 'no crown for 2017' non roll call :) and can't believe the loyal following. Princess has to be happy about fans like this.

I am glad things worked out and your wishes have come true. And I am coming along with you. Can't go wrong with a bunch like you guys.

• 3 months later...

V

you were wrong about the Ruby. You put out a lot of wrong information'

Unlike you, of course.... Again, at that time, it was a best guess scenario and a very reasonable one. Thank you for being so rude in addition to being misinformed! In addition, the Emerald is just about the same ship as the Ruby, so I don't understand your "dissatisfaction."

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

We are booked currently for the 28 day RT this year but we are also booked for a 25 day one way from LA to Sydney in 2017. The problem with that one is that it is only 25 days. Also, it is winter in Australia and NZ. The ports are mostly the same except Kauai is dropped and something else I think. It adds Auckland and Bay of Islands and then docks in Sydney. For us living on the east coast it is a verrrrry long flight home. To break it up would be a few long flights with extra costs of staying in a hotel in Hawaii. I hear New Zealand has gorgeous scenery but being winter we won't be able to see most of it. Currently the cruise price is several thousand dollars more for this TP cruise (no sales on cruises that far out) that is 3 days shorter than the 28 day I booked about 7 months after it came out and only a couple of cabins left in my category.

So basically on the TP you don't really see much more. I wish they did a little bit longer TP from LA during the winter months here in the US so by the time we got to Australia and NZ it was summer and we could stay for a bit and sight see.

But you are missing the biggest reason for taking this voyage on the Golden. Glad you are still considering it.

Aloha