Why Brisbane is crucial to the future of Australian cruising

In Sydney there are two terminals. If they do build a new terminal, I believe it would be instead of using the Grain Terminal. P&O and the smaller Princess ships may keep using Portside, but the problem there is the extra hour steaming time for the ship up the river then back again when they leave on the next cruise.

If Carnival contribute to the cost of the new terminal they'd likely use it primarily for their brands including P&O. Although as at present, if their visiting ships exceed capacity they'd overflow at Portside.

Edited by The_Big_M

Yes, as long as you have an address, even the taxis should be able to find them (albeit the long way).:D

We have had so much trouble with taxis in Sydney when we travel from the airport, some people have suggested I should write a book about it. ;) When they used to have a street directory in the vehicle, we could look at that then direct the driver. We learned the hard way that it was no good to ask them to take us to the cruise terminal at Barangaroo, we had to give them the name of the street (which we didn't know at the time).:( The driver had never heard of Darling Harbour so that didn't help. This was when Princess was operating from the Big White Tent. A driver took us to close to where the White Bay terminal is now, while all the time I kept saying "You are going the wrong way." We pointed to the ship across the water and asked "How do we get there?" His answer was "You walk". Yeah! I told him that if we wanted to walk we would have walked from the airport. He finally reluctantly took us to the ship. Of course the bill was $20 higher than it should have been. :(

We have had so much trouble with taxis in Sydney when we travel from the airport, some people have suggested I should write a book about it. ;) When they used to have a street directory in the vehicle, we could look at that then direct the driver. We learned the hard way that it was no good to ask them to take us to the cruise terminal at Barangaroo, we had to give them the name of the street (which we didn't know at the time).:( The driver had never heard of Darling Harbour so that didn't help. This was when Princess was operating from the Big White Tent. A driver took us to close to where the White Bay terminal is now, while all the time I kept saying "You are going the wrong way." We pointed to the ship across the water and asked "How do we get there?" His answer was "You walk". Yeah! I told him that if we wanted to walk we would have walked from the airport. He finally reluctantly took us to the ship. Of course the bill was $20 higher than it should have been. :(

Research the route prior to engaging a taxi or they will really take you for a ride.:eek:

We have had so much trouble with taxis in Sydney when we travel from the airport, some people have suggested I should write a book about it. ;) (

One of the last times I took a taxi from the airport I got so abused (sworn at, shouted at) because he didn't like the fare, I've mostly avoided Sydney taxis since.

Honestly, if they don't want to do that sort of work, they shouldn't be in it. It's sad the attitude of many taxi drivers.