Early disembarkation on Escape

kikikc

We are sailing in March on the Escape and was wondering what is the earliest you can disembark in Miami if we do the early disembarkation and carry off our own luggage. We have a late morning flight out of FLL and want to get off as soon as possible. Thanks!

We are sailing in March on the Escape and was wondering what is the earliest you can disembark in Miami if we do the early disembarkation and carry off our own luggage. We have a late morning flight out of FLL and want to get off as soon as possible. Thanks!

Not a problem with easy walk off. In December, without any announcements, we left our cabin @ 7:32. we exiting the aft gangway. There was nobody there. Zero, not a soul, expect for the security checking you off the ship one last time. There were 3 customs agents, 2 which had nobody to check. We were in a taxi @ 7:45. I timed it. It's the easier quickest disembarkation we've ever experienced, anywhere.

I should note that we've sailed out of Maimi a lot. Using the aft gangway,(right next to the aft elevator bank), probably had a lot to do with it. We didn't go through O'sheehan's like the forward passengers do. We also were exiting into terminal C. We've always disembarked through terminal B on other ships, and I assume that's where the forward gangway dropped you off.

We're sailing the Escape again in February. If anything changes I'll post again.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

We were also on the Escape debarking January 16. We got in line about 9 am and it was back up in to the 678 atrium for both the front and rear gangways. Others we know left about 8 am walked off at the rear gangway.

It took us just under two hours from when we got in line to get off to when we were at the curb to catch out taxi.

Edited by woodduckmn

Dec xmas cruise ticket was for 815. Got to airport before 9am. Luggage was not stored where we got off but in the back. It looked like there were two custom lines...one where everyone was picking up their bags (busy) and the other where we came off the ship. So we walked back to the empty one and was out pretty quick. Hope that makes sense...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Not a problem with easy walk off. In December, without any announcements, we left our cabin @ 7:32. we exiting the aft gangway. There was nobody there. Zero, not a soul, expect for the security checking you off the ship one last time. There were 3 customs agents, 2 which had nobody to check. We were in a taxi @ 7:45. I timed it. It's the easier quickest disembarkation we've ever experienced, anywhere.

I should note that we've sailed out of Maimi a lot. Using the aft gangway,(right next to the aft elevator bank), probably had a lot to do with it. We didn't go through O'sheehan's like the forward passengers do. We also were exiting into terminal C. We've always disembarked through terminal B on other ships, and I assume that's where the forward gangway dropped you off.

We're sailing the Escape again in February. If anything changes I'll post again.

Please do report back in February.

• 8 months later...

Just wondering where the aft gangway is located. What deck is it on? Did you have a similar experience with your February cruise? Thanks for the info! :)

We have been on the escape twice. Both times they started walk off around 7:30. The "advertised time"'is 8:00. People started lining up reeeeallly early.

That being said, on other ships with 7:00 an arrival times, we have started walk off as late as 9:00 and 10:30 due to customs issues and weather.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread. Since I last reported, we've been on the Escape 3 times( February, June and August). Since our first time, things have changed a bit. You always disembark on deck 7. Now they use only 1 gangway, and it's been forward all 3 times we've cruised.While you can still disembark forward or aft, they check you off the ship while still inside. If you're aft, then you walk outside on deck 7 all the way to the gangway forward, after you've been checked off the ship.

Once it was pretty bad, when we waited inside for a about 30 minutes, before the line started moving. Once outside(we disembarked aft), it took another 15 minutes to get to the gangway. Not sure what the problem was that time. One on told us anything.

The other 2 times it was easy and quick. Off the ship in 10 minutes and to customs. I must say, they do have customs down to a science. Even though you're only using one gangway, once in the port, they still use both terminal B and C for customs. They direct you to the one should you should go to when you get into the port. We've never waited for more than a couple of folks in front of us at customs.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CruisinHarvey
I can't spell

On 9/10 my husband and I were about 20th in line for early walk off at about 7:10 by O'Sheehans. They started letting us off at about 7:20. We were third in line for customs (they had about 8 agents working). We were in an uber by 7:30, and at Fll by 8. Our flight was at 11:20. We had plenty of time.

• 3 weeks later...
The itinerary now states that arrival into Miami is 8am. Is this new? I am trying to decide if we can disembark with our luggage and get to FLL for a 10:30am flight. We are sailing 11/26 - 12/03/16.

That's too close for my comfort. Your screwed if there is any sort of delay, thru customs or even at the airport.