I REALLY need your help!!

I figured this may a good place to come and seek some assistance!

I'm going to try and explain my situation...

This will be my first cruise with my family on RCI, and were very excited to give it a try. We've done 11 Disney cruises, so Disney is all we know. We've never tried any other cruise line before, so making the change was hard for us, but good!

In a nutshell, I had booked the Freedom of the Seas with my travel agent. A lot of mistakes were made, so it was time to find a new TA. I had cancelled the cruise with her, and once I had received the refund (I had already paid $3445 towards the cruise) I would rebook the cruise with my new TA.

Well...here's where it gets very frustrating for me! I've been waiting for my refund since Dec 19th!? It was cancelled then, and has been almost a month and still NOTHING!?!? I've spoken to Supervisors (many) My previous TA has also called and so has my new TA. My frustration is turning into anger, and now I'm seriously considering going back to what I know, Disney!

The people I've spoken with through RCI have been so rude and not accommodating at all! Since I wanted to rebook back in Dec, the cruise prices have gone up! So have flights and so has everything else! Because it has taken so long, it is now going to cost me hundreds of dollars more for my vacation.

I was initially told my refund would take 3-7 business days! Well, it has far surpassed that!! In fact, my friend was coming as well, and had a room booked, and she received her refund in 2 days!!

I can't book anything until I get my money back!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to who I could speak with and get this resolved!? I'm beyond frustrated, and my faith in RCI has gone down the toilet!

Amy help/advice would be so appreciated!!

Thank-you :)

That sounds like a travel agent problem, not a RCL problem. Go back to the original TA and ask where your money is!

Oh trust me, it's not the TA. The cruise was cancelled by the TA as I requested, and I even confirmed with RCI that it had been cancelled. RCI even told me 3-7 business days back in Dec. I've been on the phone many times with different RCI reps, and Supervisors, and keep getting the run around. No one can explain to me why it's taking this long!?

This will be my first cruise with my family on RCI, and were very excited to give it a try. We've done 11 Disney cruises, so Disney is all we know. We've never tried any other cruise line before, so making the change was hard for us, but good!

In a nutshell, I had booked the Freedom of the Seas with my travel agent. A lot of mistakes were made, so it was time to find a new TA. I had cancelled the cruise with her, and once I had received the refund (I had already paid $3445 towards the cruise) I would rebook the cruise with my new TA.

Well...here's where it gets very frustrating for me! I've been waiting for my refund since Dec 19th!? It was cancelled then, and has been almost a month and still NOTHING!?!? I've spoken to Supervisors (many) My previous TA has also called and so has my new TA. My frustration is turning into anger, and now I'm seriously considering going back to what I know, Disney!

The people I've spoken with through RCI have been so rude and not accommodating at all! Since I wanted to rebook back in Dec, the cruise prices have gone up! So have flights and so has everything else! Because it has taken so long, it is now going to cost me hundreds of dollars more for my vacation.

I was initially told my refund would take 3-7 business days! Well, it has far surpassed that!! In fact, my friend was coming as well, and had a room booked, and she received her refund in 2 days!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to who I could speak with and get this resolved!? I'm beyond frustrated, and my faith in RCI has gone down the toilet!

Try an email to mbayley@rccl.com first. The Resolutions Department's phone number is 1-800-205-9812. I hate Attorneys but now is the time to contact one. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I hate Attorneys but now is the time to contact one.

Oh Geez

Stuff happens and for you it's a bad taste in your mouth about the whole thing with Royal. Normally funds are returned in less than 5 days.

I'd call once more just for the heck of it (your choice) and let them know you'll be filing a dispute with your credit card company in 3 days if the money is not returned by them. If it's not there in 3 or 4 days do it. The money will immediately be credited to your accout and the only way Royal can get it back is to prove you owe it and of course you don't.

I'd go ahead and book with your new TA, but just pay the minimum depost. It might not be much with the sales going on all the time.

Good Luck!

call your credit card company have them do a charge back. worth a shot!:)

I agree with calling the credit card company. They will get results for you.

Don't do this unless you never plan to sail on RCI again, at the least they will not let use that card on RCI.

Try an email to mbayley@rccl.com first. The Resolutions Department's phone number is 1-800-205-9812. IO would then call the credit card company next and see what they can do for you. Getting the money and rebooking is a good idea what is not so good is the prices have went up. Perhaps maybe the new Travel Agent can use that information and see if you can get prices closer to the original booking. It will not hurt to try it.

Try an email to mbayley@rccl.com first. The Resolutions Department's phone number is 1-800-205-9812. I hate Attorneys but now is the time to contact one.

Thank you for the number, I've actually called that number already last week, and then get transferred to one person after another! Very frustrating!

I agree! I'm on it now! Fingers crossed!

When is the cruise you want to book? If it's far out, I'd keep dealing with RCI instead of calling credit card companies or lawyers. As someone else said, don't plan on using that credit card with Royal in the future if you get the card company involved. If you've spoken with resolutions already, keep going up the ladder. I know it can be a pain but I'd give it more time and don't be surprised when your refund doesn't come all at once.

Oh Geez

Stuff happens and for you it's a bad taste in your mouth about the whole thing with Royal. Normally funds are returned in less than 5 days.

I'd call once more just for the heck of it (your choice) and let them know you'll be filing a dispute with your credit card company in 3 days if the money is not returned by them. If it's not there in 3 or 4 days do it. The money will immediately be credited to your accout and the only way Royal can get it back is to prove you owe it and of course you don't.

I'd go ahead and book with your new TA, but just pay the minimum depost. It might not be much with the sales going on all the time.

Good Luck!

I did call my credit card company for "advice"

I'm going to cal RCI one more time, and give them till Friday or I will call my credit card company back and file the complaint.

Their really is no excuse as to why it's taking so long, and yes, it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth!!

As for rebooking now, they want another $795 out of me which I refuse to give because God forbid I have to cancel again for whatever reason and go through all this again!?

I did speak to the Supervisor and asked if they could at least extend a hold on a stateroom for me until the refund is processed, but again, they would not.

Thanks for you advice:)

When is the cruise you want to book? If it's far out, I'd keep dealing with RCI instead of calling credit card companies or lawyers. As someone else said, don't plan on using that credit card with Royal in the future if you get the card company involved. If you've spoken with resolutions already, keep going up the ladder. I know it can be a pain but I'd give it more time and don't be surprised when your refund doesn't come all at once.

The cruise is March 6th of this year! So I need to get the ball rolling and get my money back!!

I had cancelled before the PIF date, so their shouldn't be any issues.

At this point, I'm not too concerned about future cruises or what card I do or do not use because I just want my money back, so I can continue planning my vacation.

I'm calling RCI again now, wish me luck!

Thanks! :)

Try an email to mbayley@rccl.com first. The Resolutions Department's phone number is 1-800-205-9812. IO would then call the credit card company next and see what they can do for you. Getting the money and rebooking is a good idea what is not so good is the prices have went up. Perhaps maybe the new Travel Agent can use that information and see if you can get prices closer to the original booking. It will not hurt to try it.

Thank you!

Someone is calling me back from RCI (Supervisor) she's "looking into it" but again, it's nothing I haven't heard many times already, so I'm trying to think positive and hope she will have better news and a reason as to why I haven't received my money.

I had to cancel a cruise over the summer, and was told the same thing 7-9 business days. A few weeks later I still hadn't received my refund so I called and after talking to several people it was decovery that my bank had rejected the refund for some reason! I had to have them resubmit it

I feel real bad for you, OP. Although you said it's not the fault of the TA, it sounds like a miscommunication between you, the TA, and RCL, but yet it's hard to know WHO exactly is at fault - the TA or RCL.

Our first cruise experience was booked through a TA, and we had issues with a price change and didn't get the difference where we should've. Not the TA nor RCL's fault - we never could figure that out, but we did realize that, adding that third party in between ourselves and RCL was the root cause.

This is why we only deal direct with RCL for our cruise plans. There's less middleman problems, less headache. After that, I never realized ANY advantage of dealing with a third party for a vacay. That's like driving to a grocery store, handing someone money - and they come back with the wrong groceries.

I hope this mess gets resolved and quickly. Good luck!

You may want to think about trying it from the booking side.

Call your TA and conference in RCCL bookings, you don't want a refund you just want to book a cruise and RCCL owes you money and you want to use that money. That way they aren't giving anything back (low priority problem to them) they are taking something in (high priority to them). You will also have someone on your side inside RCCL. They want the sale.

I had to cancel a cruise over the summer, and was told the same thing 7-9 business days. A few weeks later I still hadn't received my refund so I called and after talking to several people it was decovery that my bank had rejected the refund for some reason! I had to have them resubmit it

That sucks this same thing happened to you:(

I've already checked with the bank, and they haven't seen anything from RCI yet...however, I did get a call back from the Supervisor stating that my refund has been "released" and my bank should be seeing it today or tomorrow.

I really hope once I check tomorrow, I can relax that I see my refund!

You may want to think about trying it from the booking side.

Call your TA and conference in RCCL bookings, you don't want a refund you just want to book a cruise and RCCL owes you money and you want to use that money. That way they aren't giving anything back (low priority problem to them) they are taking something in (high priority to them). You will also have someone on your side inside RCCL. They want the sale.

That would have been a great idea had I thought of it weeks ago..lol

Apparently, my refund should be in my account tom, so fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help!

I feel real bad for you, OP. Although you said it's not the fault of the TA, it sounds like a miscommunication between you, the TA, and RCL, but yet it's hard to know WHO exactly is at fault - the TA or RCL.

Our first cruise experience was booked through a TA, and we had issues with a price change and didn't get the difference where we should've. Not the TA nor RCL's fault - we never could figure that out, but we did realize that, adding that third party in between ourselves and RCL was the root cause.

This is why we only deal direct with RCL for our cruise plans. There's less middleman problems, less headache. After that, I never realized ANY advantage of dealing with a third party for a vacay. That's like driving to a grocery store, handing someone money - and they come back with the wrong groceries.

I hope this mess gets resolved and quickly. Good luck!

I wish I could say it was a misscommunication, but this isn't the case...

I agree with you 100% on planning your own vacation! I've had nothing but problems since booking with a TA and not just with the cruise.

I've travelled a lot, and always do my own planning and plan on it from here on out!!

Thanks for your advice:)