Disappointed

JABE9999

I am presently on the Mariner. This is my fifth regent cruise in 4 years and so far I am very disappointed on this cruise. It started off badly when they could not get their computers to work for embarkation. It took over 2 hours to get on board.

I was able to get a reservation to Prime 7 for the first night. The steak was cold and very tough. Worst meal I have ever had on Regent. Other people at the table felt the same way.

Then I looked at my excursions that I had booked. I was missing one. Turns out the excursion was canceled after I signed up for it. No email or phoenix call. Just cancled. So now I am waiting listed for an excursion. Disappointed.

Next I went to the exercise room. The TV did not work on any of the machines.

Last I went to get on my free internet. I was told. I was now told it would cost me. My Butler got that fixed.

Not trying to be grumpy but this is a rough start for an 18 day cruise.

Sorry to hear about the disappointing start to your cruise. Please speak with Daniella, F&B Manager (think she is still onboard) about your experience. Just let your butler know that you would like to speak with her and she will contact you. We had a similar experience a few months ago in P-7. We spoke with the F&B Manager and our next meal was the best we ever had on Regent.

Out of curiosity, did you depart from Miami? I'm asking because there seems to be so many problems departing out of that port. I know that the Mariner was recently in Miami and probably had to go through a full inspection as it was the first time she has been in the U.S. in a long time. There always seems to be disruptions when these mandatory inspection occur.

In terms of excursions, when Regent cancels excursions they send a notice to your TA who then sends it on to you (this has been our experience). If you booked directly with Regent - they messed up........ if you booked with a TA - the TA messed up!

Hope your cruise improves - and quickly!

Edited by Travelcat2

Yes we left out of Miami. You are right about the inspections, but we were late leaving because of computer problems.

Thanks for the suggestion about talking to the F&Brenner manager.

On another note that is not Regents fault, we will probably miss our first port. We had a medical emergency last night. We had to turn around so the helicopter could reach us. Between leaving late, bad weather, and medical emergency we will miss our first port.

Sorry to hear that you're off to a rocky start. But on the bright side - this is Regent's opportunity to shine for the next 16 or 17 days!

Our last cruise had to skip our first port due to high winds and rough seas. I was disappointed but not crushed (unlike the guy on board who was planning on meeting his brother who lived near the port, it was one of the main reasons he booked that particular cruise!) but the rest of the cruise was incredible.

I hope they can make up for the bad P7 meal and that the rest of your cruise goes great.

Keep us posted, please.

Somebody from Regent is reading this. Somehow they tracked me down and are working hard to fix things. Hats off to them for being proactive. Now I know why this is my fifth Regent cruise.

So happy to hear this (but not surprised). Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

We were on the Mariner in 2014 from Miami to Los Angeles. We were delayed 2 hours in terminal due to computer problems. Sounds like Miami is the problem. When we got onboard I was expecting great attention due to our "dilemma", but instead it was like all the servers had gone elsewhere. We were disappointed because we were expecting our usual greeting. BUT, after that day service was back and we had a great time.