How far will Holland America go with the new logo?

Alphen

Souvenir? My mother was a "souvenir" collector. When I cleaned out my parents' house, I discovered quite a dishes that had followed Mom home.

I hope you saved the souvenirs.... and surely the dinnerware. Old dishes are very collectable.

Years ago I bought a lot of chinaware from a dealer in New York.... Furness Bermuda Line stuff. Arrival Customs in Bermuda I said, "This is all stolen china from the Queen of Bermuda. Do I have to pay any duty?" The officer thought a moment and say, "Guess not!" ;)

I hope your QE2 Cunard stuff.... might be enough to pay for a cruise!:)

If you want to know about the quality of your place settings, look at the bottom. The underside of your china and the markings on your silver should be easy enough to research. Stemware is a little harder, but you can easily tell the difference between Riedel hand blown, machine made, and restaurant lines. (Pinnacle has the restaurant line.)

The logo and edge patterns are design elements and don't really indicate cost or quality. I've seen some pretty hideous china patterns that are extremely expensive. I've also seen some very attractive patterns that only look expensive.

I hope you saved the souvenirs.... and surely the dinnerware. Old dishes are very collectable.

Years ago I bought a lot of chinaware from a dealer in New York.... Furness Bermuda Line stuff. Arrival Customs in Bermuda I said, "This is all stolen china from the Queen of Bermuda. Do I have to pay any duty?" The officer thought a moment and say, "Guess not!" ;)

I hope your QE2 Cunard stuff.... might be enough to pay for a cruise!:)

It's the Lido china with the green border pattern. It isn't backmarked QE2 or Cunard, so it isn't particularly valuable. So I use it. On a cold winter day, it's nice to pretend I'm sitting in the Lido on a tropical cruise.

Seven days of sun and food.... makes anyone look healthier!

;)

So true!

My boss used to say that people returned from vacation looking as if they're faces had been ironed--the little creases and wrinkles had disappeared. Sadly, they would return after a day at work, but it was good while it lasted.