Suite for a One Nighter

2pbears

DH and I have never had a suite before but we booked on for a one night cruise this Fall just to experience it. I know we will miss out on most of the suite perks such as breakfast at Sabatini's but I am wondering just what we might be able to experience in such a short time. Will we still get a free specialty dining for embarkation night on such a short cruise? Will we be able to order breakfast in our suite on disembarkation morning? Other than the bar set up I guess these are the only perks I can think of that we might receive.

You will be able to order room service for breakfast. When you place the order, identify yourself as a suite passenger. From personal experience, it's best to call in the order. They often do not pick up the door hanger breakfast request the night before debarkation.

You need to be on at least a 5 night cruise to get the "free" specialty dinner.

You will get to enjoy priority embarkation; a calmer, separate "waiting for debarkation" area with coffee and pastries with other suite, platinum, and elite passengers; and all of that extra space in your cabin.

Enjoy!

DH and I have never had a suite before but we booked on for a one night cruise this Fall just to experience it. I know we will miss out on most of the suite perks such as breakfast at Sabatini's but I am wondering just what we might be able to experience in such a short time. Will we still get a free specialty dining for embarkation night on such a short cruise? Will we be able to order breakfast in our suite on disembarkation morning? Other than the bar set up I guess these are the only perks I can think of that we might receive.[/

DH and I have never had a suite before but we booked on for a one night cruise this Fall just to experience it. I know we will miss out on most of the suite perks such as breakfast at Sabatini's but I am wondering just what we might be able to experience in such a short time. Will we still get a free specialty dining for embarkation night on such a short cruise? Will we be able to order breakfast in our suite on disembarkation morning? Other than the bar set up I guess these are the only perks I can think of that we might receive.[/

You might want to consider trading in the mini bar set up for coffee cards

for a future cruise, think you have to trade it all in.

There has been talk on CC about Breakfast at Sabatini's on disembarkation day. Not sure about this.

You will also be able to enjoy the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge on the first night (if they have it).

Enjoy dinner in your stateroom on the first night (Prime Rib). Much better than fighting the crowds at the MDR. Lots of new people. Lots of people lined up because they don't know where their table is.

You will get to board first. So enjoy lunch in the MRD (usually deck 6). What ship? What itinerary?

There has been talk on CC about Breakfast at Sabatini's on disembarkation day. Not sure about this.

You will also be able to enjoy the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge on the first night (if they have it).

Enjoy dinner in your stateroom on the first night (Prime Rib). Much better than fighting the crowds at the MDR. Lots of new people. Lots of people lined up because they don't know where their table is.

You will get to board first. So enjoy lunch in the MRD (usually deck 6). What ship? What itinerary?

This will be on the Crown. Seattle to Vancouver. Will are sailing on the Ruby from Vancouver to LA so thought this would be more fun than flying into Vancouver.

Since we are already Platinum it looks like the only additional perks will be the bar set up (which we will exchange for a coffee card) and breakfast in our suite before disembarking. Should we order the breakfast in the evening or the next morning? We will definitely enjoy the prime rib in our suite. The last time we did a one-nighter the main dining room was a zoo :eek:

I'd call room service that morning. This last time they didn't oick up our order from the door, so we called, and the person who took our order was the one who delivered it. I'd fear that the order might get lost in the shuffle if I called the night before. Things are pretty hectic for the stsff on debsrkation-embarkation day. It took about 30 minutes, tops, for the delivery. Oh, and if it is pleasant outside, ask them to bring a table cloth, and you can eat on the balcony. I lovely way to end the trip.

You will actually receive Two coffee cards for your mini bar.. and you might want to make sure they are not stamped "Crown Princess".. you can ask that they be blank, then are easier to use on other Princess ships.

I honestly don't think Sabatini's will be open for disembarkation breakfast.. It has always been used as a disembarkation lounge.. (for suite passengers)

I don't know how to post a link, but if you search "crown princess - overnighters in a suite review" you can find my comments. Or look at my past posts. Hope it helps!

Thank you DandDM. I found your review and it was very helpful.

You will actually receive Two coffee cards for your mini bar.. and you might want to make sure they are not stamped "Crown Princess".. you can ask that they be blank, then are easier to use on other Princess ships.

I honestly don't think Sabatini's will be open for disembarkation breakfast.. It has always been used as a disembarkation lounge.. (for suite passengers)

Thanks for the tip about not stamping the coffee card. I would never have thought to ask that.

With a suite you normally get credit for two cruises. I assume this is the same even for a one day cruise. That will get you one step closer to your next captains circle level of benefits.

Those repositioning short cruises in September are a great bargain and a great way to experience the space of a suite. Agree that the minibar isn't going to do you much good - trade for coffee cards you can use on a future cruise.

A one night cruise isn't worth the trouble...in a suite or otherwise, IMO! It's less than 24 hours...unless you live right beside the port...not worth the drive!

But if you read the OP's post #6, they are using it as a fun way to get to Vancouver.

Edited by denatravels