Baby pool/tub for room

My son will be 14 months so I'll need something to give him a bath. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have room 1700 on freedom, so has a big balcony. Was wondering if I could put it out there with something out there. Do people take these to the pool?

Not sure about the tub for washing, but there was a thread a while back where people talked about and even shared pictures of baby pools they took on deck.

For washing, it might not be ideal but don't the shower wands come off? If so you could wash him in the shower and use the wand to rinse him off without it being over his head.

https://www.google.com/search?q=inflatable+kid+tubs&num=40&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGGE___US619US619&espvd=2&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcuMfV5azKAhWDhpAKHd5xA6gQsxgIHQ&biw=1920&bih=955

You could use one of those on your balcony. My little guy was 14 months on his first cruise on the Liberty and actually loved the removable showerhead, made for easier washing too.

Edited by Moltar

I'm going to sound old saying this, but kids are adaptable. They don't need all this. If you want to mess with it I'm sure they will be happy. But for washing them I personally wouldn't make extra work for myself. On deck a little pool would be well worth it to keep them cool and entertained with little toys. But they will,be happy either way. Like I said, I feel like my mom and dad and my in-laws telling you to make it easier on you and taking less.

Just a thought. And of course depends on your child's temperament on how easy they can handle changes in routine. (Mom of 19, 17 and 14yo boys with whom we have traveled extensively since they were babies)

Edited by cindivan

My son will be 14 months so I'll need something to give him a bath. Does anyone have any recommendations? I have room 1700 on freedom, so has a big balcony. Was wondering if I could put it out there with something out there. Do people take these to the pool?

Make sure if you have extra diapers, wipes, toddlers foods, shampoo, clothes, and baby bed, as well as swim diapers for the pools. Hope you had a great time.

Make sure if you have extra diapers, wipes, toddlers foods, shampoo, clothes, and baby bed, as well as swim diapers for the pools. Hope you had a great time.

14 month old won't be allowed in pools; not potty trained.

This is the inflatable tub we used. It was very helpful. perfect size to use in the cruise bathroom showers.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garanimals-Inflatable-Baby-Bathtub/19757212

We took our daughter when she was just 8 months and used the Munchkins duck blow up tub. It worked great in the room and we used it on the pool deck as well. We would place it between our chairs and the little one could just splash around while we sat in the sun. It worked out great.

There is a baby splash zone on Freedom that your baby will be able to use.

Q: Are there any restrictions regarding children in the pools?

image: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif

A: Please note: Due to public health regulations, children in diapers, swim diapers, pull-ups or who are not COMPLETELY toilet trained are not allowed in the pools, whirlpools or H2O zone. Children in diapers or who are not toilet trained may use the Baby Splash Zone specially designated for them on the Freedom of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas®, Independence of the Seas®, Oasis of the Seas®, and Allure of the Seas®.

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=3100#fPHiMSoPk6mt3mSV.99

We have used the munchkin duck one in the past for confident sitters to give them a bath. If I remember correctly it also has a suction cup on the back so we could stick it to the shower wall to drip dry. But once confidently walking we tended to do showers. On warm trips, we have taken it on deck with our own bucket to grasp water out of the pool and put in it. And then dumped in the drains on the side (not back in the pool). I hope this isn't necessary to say, but we never left the kid unattended, and one of us was not looking at our phone or whatever while the kid was in it.

I recommend giving a bath in the shower, even if the portable tub doesn't fit perfectly you can leave the door open. This is the best option because trying to carry it full of water to the balcony is a heavy hassle that will ultimately lead to you or your room wet. If not on the way there on the way back because there isn't a way to empty it on the balcony. You have to go back to the shower to empty it. The only other option is to take water to the balcony which requires you bring a pail or use the small glasses left in the room to fill it. But you will still need to empty it.

Having done both just , stick to the bathroom which even if they spill water is equipped to empty the water.

My kids personally hate the shower so bringing the tub made my life easier as shower time consisted of screaming and lots of tears. After that first time I always take the tub or get a room with one. My kids travel well, but they refuse to shower. If you haven't gentry showering at home and see how your little one does to see if it is worth the hassle of bringing it.

Edited by bearette