How to get invited to suite for drinks or dinner?

irishwitchy

There have been so many sad or unhappy topics - here is a simple and fun one! As much as I can afford a regent cruise, I'm not that wealthy that I will be in a big suite that one can "party" in or have a nice dinner with new found friends. Those of you that are in those nice big suites, do you ever have new friends that you just met on the cruise over for drinks or dinner? If yes, would you do it again? or do you really just like to be alone? Some stories please.

When we are fortunate enough to be in a large suite (usually an upsell), we have invited friends (new and old) in for drinks. Regent allows guests in Grand and Master suites to invite a small group for a cocktail party which we have done. Other times we have just asked our butler for a few extra canapes and an invite a couple for a drink. It is a delicate balance between wanting to share with other people while not appearing to be showing off. When we were on the Riviera we were in a huge suite (much less money than on Regent) and had a friend in for dinner that was served course by course - it was fun and relaxing (despite having a butler in "tails"):)

Will we do it again? Absolutely - already have plans to do so!

We had cruise critic friends and one was in a penthouse suite. There were six of us for canapés and drinks. So see if one of your cruise critic friends is in a suite and maybe suggest a meet and greet in a suite.

Recommend you engage your fellow passengers, could be they will in turn invite you for drinks/canapes is their suite. TC was kind enough one cruise to invite Ida and I to her large suite, and very good Regent cruise friends Dennis and Daphne invited us to their suite--pix here:

595_zpsadcb1673.jpg

All Inclusive, I used to have friends in regularly for Martini night - and order room service appetizers. They had in room bottles for your enjoyment. I ordered glassware and whatever else.

On my last Regent Cruise we had the aft one bedroom suite on the Mariner and we were not entitled to a full bar cocktail party, but the butler was so good, I did not know until after all 12 guests i invited showed up. We had a dedicated bartender and it was great to leave the mess and go to dinner.

On our last cruise, we had an aft suite on the Mariner. During 2 of the block part-to-backs) ies (we were on back, several of our neighbors asked if they could see our suite. We invited them in and our Butler brought in extra wine and served.

Pix above was taken on the Voyager (Dubai to Athens, Athens to Istanbul April 2012). We did not stop sailing Regent until Jan 2013 (when Mark Conroy left) and new corporate leadership took over.

On our very first Regent cruise on the Mariner, we were a small group working on a boat building project. Most of us were in a "normal" suite, no one in a penthouse or up. On one of our work sessions, there were about 6-8 of us and our "hostess" suggested getting drinks. She got on the phone, and called in our "order". It was a complicated one...1 glass of "real champagne", one Maker's Mark with a splash, one Compari with lime and 2 ice cubes, etc.

In about 5 mins, two stewards showed up with all drinks perfectly prepared and several bowls of snacks....I was amazed, flabergasted, couldn't believe my eyes! Was I impressed? You bet! And this was done with no prior arrangements and in an ordinary cabin....Doesn't get much better!

We were invited to the Master Suite on deck 11 on Mariner by a couple we got friendly with on a shore excursion, it was really fun, they had a full bar and bar tender and yummy appetizers, lots of fun and we were sailing by Capri during the party so everyone was out on the super large balcony part of the time, an amazing two bedroom suite and such a fun couple.

We have also traveled with couples who had larger suites several times and they usually would invite a group in for cocktails, again lots of fun.