Liberty of the Seas vs Vision of the Seas?

We are trying to decide between two ships (Liberty of the Seas and Vision of the Seas) that have basically the same ports of call (Roatan, Belize City,& Cozumel). The prices are similar, so we cannot decide. Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated. We would like to book in the next couple of days. Thank you! :)

I would personally take the Liberty of the Seas. It is a bigger Freedom class ship with a lot more to do onboard. If you can, try one of the inside Promenade staterooms on deck 7. You can people watch the Promenade without leaving your room and you might save a few dollars too.

I have not been on the Vision, but have been on the Liberty (and Independence) and have 2 trips planned on the Freedom. It is an excellent class of ship if you like larger ships. Lots to do. If for refurbishment right now as well with new shows, restaurant, cabins, waterslides being added. Definitely would consider the Liberty if I was you.

It depends on what kind of experience you're looking for and what kinds of features you want on the ship. We're just off Vision last week and had a lovely time. We met lots of interesting people to talk with and enjoyed the smaller ship atmosphere in many ways (in some ways not).

But I think we'll go with medium and larger ships from now on, partly because of the dining setup on Vision, especially the Windjammer single-line buffet. It was quite limited, and a ship like Liberty should have a more extensive buffet, not to mention the nice promenade and other features.

But if you want quiet, relaxation, and a personal experience, along with wonderful views of the sea as you're sailing, Vision is a beautiful ship.

• 8 years later...

I’m on the Vision of the Seas now and it’s a ship with little entertainment and a limited menu in Windjammer. I was disappointed with the Main Dining room menu. If you want a great meal Chops Griill is excellent but eating there regularly will cost you. 

On the other hand the staff is excellent so if you’re interested in just relaxing and meeting great people the Vision is it. I’m heading out on the Liberty this year and looking forward to it.

Edited by elisemarsha

20 minutes ago, elisemarsha said:

I’m on the Vision of the Seas now and it’s a ship with little entertainment and a limited menu in Windjammer. I was disappointed with the Main Dining room menu. If you want a great meal Chops Griill is excellent but eating there regularly will cost you. 

On the other hand the staff is excellent so if you’re interested in just relaxing and meeting great people the Vision is it. I’m heading out on the Liberty this year and looking forward to it.

Do you realize you just posted to a thread that is over 8 years old?