First time on X wow....

bluejays15

Let me start by saying that i have cruised mostly with Princess 11 times but after the week on the Silhouette X has become my personal fav cruise line..

The ship is Gorgeous in fact you would think it was brand new.. Loved the main lobby so eligant and modern the layout is just fantastic never feel lost on this ship...

The entertainment lead by cruise director Ritch Clessen was amazing..Loved the group eh440 from my hometown of Toronto..

Food was by fare the best that i have had on a cruise ship..Don't understand the negative reviews on the food that i read about before the cruise..Everything was hot and the portion size was good..the best french onion soup that i have had just amazing...

If there is one small complaint it would be the understaffing at the ocean view cafe, it took along time to get plates cleared the whole cruise...Princess dose do a better job with the service of the Buffett.. e.g. coffee and juice service.

I know it was my first time on X but i loved every second of it and i will now make them my number 1 when looking for a cruise vacation.

ps The Regal Princess is not even close to the silhouette when it comes to deign of a ship Princess really needs to take notes.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of your Cruise.

We even have a restaurant here (in Omaha) called the Bohemian Cafe that serves all the good stuff - Svickova, Polish Sausage, Duck, Kolackys and very large ceramin mugs of ice cold beer. They even play polka music while your're eating.

Love it!! My dad got tired of the cold and moved us all out to California. Different kind of menus here, that's for sure!

Thanks for that breath of fresh air. I've been tempted to try Princess because of some of their itineraries in the South Pacific, but why take a chance that we'll spend a week comparing Princess unfavorably to Celebrity when we're quite happy where we are? I'm glad you found X and enjoyed it so much - we Ontarians need something to look forward to on cold days like this.

I agree completely! We've always thought about trying another cruise line too, but we are extremely happy with X. Why mess with a good thing? The service that we receive is always exceptional!

**I also agree with the "We Ontarians..."part of needing something to look forward to on cold days; what an awful day for weather, especially here in Waterloo!!

Shawn

I certainly did. The pizza on Princess is far better than that on Celebrity! The fries at the Mast Grill on Celebrity beat anything I have ever tasted, though.

We have sailed X many times have never wanted pizza on a cruise ship. So many other fabulous choices other than something I could get at home. I always stalk the buffet, pool grill etc for something special.

Edited by Christine Frances

We have sailed X many times have never wanted pizza on a cruise ship. So many other fabulous choices other than something I could get at home. I always stalk the buffet, pool grill etc for something special.

I avoid the buffet and sometimes you don't have time to do the MDR or you have just popped back on board between exploring the port, so Pizza is a great fast food, especially on Princess, the burgers are better on X.:D

Enjoyed the OP's review. We are Elite on Princess and Elite Plus on Celebrity and do enjoy both lines. Back in late October we took our first cruise on the new Regal Princess and were somewhat appalled by the many design flaws in the ship. Although she is a beautiful vessel, the lack of a center stairway (above deck 7) and the postage stamp cabin balconies were a step back for Princess. And then there was the main theater that is simply too small for this size ship... Our cruise director had so many complaints after the first formal night (and production show) that he had to change the schedule to have 3 production shows on formal nights. And whatever idiot designed the main theater forgot to include any kind of drink holders....and yet they do sell drinks in that venue. Our point of view was that the Regal (and her sister ship Royal) were a step back from the previous Grand Class ships. As to Celebrity, we love the S-Class ships and think the design is among the best of any ship at sea. One issue on S Class ships was the lack of a decent lounge with large dance floor...but since we are not dancers we had no problem with this issue. We would add that the International Cafe on the Regal (and other Princess ships) is a great venue which we would like to see duplicated on other lines. A 24/7 place where you can always get good fresh brewed coffee, expresso and tea drinks, and decent food/snacks which vary depending on time of day....is a great addition to any ship.

Hank

Thank you very much, for the interesting and positive reviews of X, Solstice Class ship! We only have 4 cruise experiences. Our first two on RCI, which amazed us; and the last two on HAL, who provided us with a different, yet still very enjoyable cruise experiences. We're now booked for our first X cruise on the Solstice, and reading your comments, we just can' wait. P.s for our fellow countrymen from Ontario, but the winter in Quebec is even colder than yours. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk