I got my first price drop!!!

missy428

My TA must moan every time she gets an email from me. We're done about 8 price drop requests thru her and have saved over $1400.00 in 10 months time. In the beginning of January we had 2 drops in one week. I'm definitely doing the happy dance. We're a party of 3 on the Vista in June so it's helping me combat the high airfare to get to Europe and back. I've been checking every couple days - it's crazy but I'm on a roll!

Congrats and enjoy the savings!

My TA must moan every time she gets an email from me. We're done about 8 price drop requests thru her and have saved over $1400.00 in 10 months time. In the beginning of January we had 2 drops in one week. I'm definitely doing the happy dance. We're a party of 3 on the Vista in June so it's helping me combat the high airfare to get to Europe and back. I've been checking every couple days - it's crazy but I'm on a roll!

wow thats amazing!!! I just checked on whim, since I never book very far out usually prices are higher when i check back

I didn't realize how much it was adding up to until I got curious and did the math last week. I had to look at my original invoice twice to believe it.

I typically haven't checked mine in the past. My TA told me about the first price drop and I've been looking ever since.

I've got a B2B in 2017 that I've been checking on, but it's only dropped $10 so far and no OBC - but I keep checking!!!

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on getting a price drop? We are booked Early Saver on the Paradise in March. What fares do I check when trying to see if there is a price drop? TIA

Some people do a mock booking. Others use the fare viewer ( http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer )

When you use the fare view compare your exact category ( ex: 8B ) and use the price before taxes/port fees.

You can always call Carnival and as them to talk you though the process as well.

Best of luck.

Can someone give me a quick tutorial on getting a price drop? We are booked Early Saver on the Paradise in March. What fares do I check when trying to see if there is a price drop? TIA

i did a mock booking, called carnival and told them about the difference and she changed the price (i haven't paid in full yet) and gave me the OBC. idk if it is different after you've paid in full though....

Congrats on your price drop!!!

I just booked ES for the first time ever and my PVP told me I'd get an email if the price dropped. Should I be checking on my own?

I absolutely think you should check on your own, just to be sure

Just make sure that if you originally booked using a 50% deposit sale that you immediately pay the remainder of your full 100% deposit.

Otherwise you may find that your cruise has been cancelled.

The repricing changes the terms and conditions of the original booking

Edited by klfrodo

That would be nice. We booked our June 2016 cruise while we were on our June 2015 cruise. I've checked at least every week or two and our price just continues to go up. It's nice that I booked while it was at its lowest rate. But I was really hoping to take advantage of some price drops.

That would be nice. We booked our June 2016 cruise while we were on our June 2015 cruise. I've checked at least every week or two and our price just continues to go up. It's nice that I booked while it was at its lowest rate. But I was really hoping to take advantage of some price drops.

Our June cruise has increased $100 per person since I booked it 9 months ago.

Just make sure that if you originally booked using a 50% deposit sale that you immediately pay the remainder of your full 100% deposit.

Otherwise you may find that your cruise has been cancelled.

The repricing changes the terms and conditions of the original booking

You're definitely right about that. It's something to take into consideration when looking at price drips. I did a mock booking yesterday and found another room I liked better than the one I had originally vooked. I had booked with a 50% deposit special and thankfully I had already made a payment in the amount of what would have been the othe had of the deposit or I would have had that problem. The customer service agent checked that to make sure the original deposit amount was already paid before moving on with the switch.

On the positive side, I did get about $20 off of our total fare and the $50 inboard credit, as well as moving from scenic ocean view to grand scenic ocean view. Thank you to those who suggested trying a mock booking or I might not have thought of it and missed the deal and the nicer room.

I feel like a real cruiser LOL! it was only $10 less but we got $50 in OBC! I know its not a lot but I'm so proud!!!:D:D

congrats.. in 4 cruises i had 1 price drop but that was when they raised the gratuity which we prepaid. still ended up with like 1 drink each for the 4 of us lol.. somethings better than nothing lol..

This cruise coming up, they had a new special, it actually cost me $17.00 but the special was for $100.00 obc. :D :D Our cruise is paid for so I just paid that 17 and now see that lovely 100 obc hehe..

Congrats on your price drop!!!

I just booked ES for the first time ever and my PVP told me I'd get an email if the price dropped. Should I be checking on my own?

I do not believe you will get an email. I think that was wrong of the PVP to tell you, because if that was true everyone would post that. I've booked ES for my cruises. You need to look for yourself.

There's a great site that will automatically alert you every time your rate drops. We're not allowed to mention the site here, so just google "cruise fare tracker" or use some such similar search words - it's easy to find. It's cheap and effective and very customize-able.;)