Does RC give credits for price drops?

I knew this would happen.

I booked our cruise after waiting weeks for the price to drop a little, instead it kept going up.

2 1/2 days later the price of our room is almost $500 LESS than when I booked.

Will Royal Caribbean give a credit for the price difference now? I can't cancel and re-book because since its a 50% penalty.

That's money we would put towards drink package or shore excursions.

:mad::mad:

I booked our cruise after waiting weeks for the price to drop a little, instead it kept going up.

Will Royal Caribbean give a credit for the price difference now? I can't cancel and re-book because since its a 50% penalty.

You missed it by a half-day. Royal has a 48-hour price drop guarantee:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=best_price_guarantee&cid=RCConsumerWebLP-091609BestPriceGuarantee

If your still in that 2+ day mark I would call and ask about their guarantee. I know someone who was over the 48 hour mark buy about 4 hours and. They got it. It ever hurts to ask.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

No money back. They might upgrade your room, however. Doesn't hurt to give them a call.

They sais we could upgrade to a Junior Suite for $3000 more - no thanks. I already paid more than I wanted but it's "whatever" I guess.

Didn't get the option to pay anything less than "in full" even though the cruise is 2 1/2 months away.

Customer service wasn't even available at 9:08pm Monday night, which was the 48 hour deadline. Kinda disappointed but my fault I guess.

Our Anthem cruise started dropping the day after final payment was due. About 2 weeks later, it had dropped $569 from what I had paid. I was venting on another thread, and some kind CC folks informed me that I was still in the penalty phase where I'd only lose my deposit if I canceled now, so I'd still come out ahead if I rebooked. (My deposit was only $50pp because I booked during a reduced deposit promo) And, that's what I did. I called RCI and explained the situation and told them what I wanted to do. I was able to keep my same cabin, and I received a $469 credit to my credit card.

Does it work for you to forfeit the deposit and rebook?

They sais we could upgrade to a Junior Suite for $3000 more - no thanks. I already paid more than I wanted but it's "whatever" I guess.

Didn't get the option to pay anything less than "in full" even though the cruise is 2 1/2 months away.

Customer service wasn't even available at 9:08pm Monday night, which was the 48 hour deadline. Kinda disappointed but my fault I guess.

At first you said you were in the 50% penalty but if your cruise is 2 1/2 months away you should only be in the "lose your deposit" penalty stage.

6 Nights or longer

75+ No charges

74-57 Deposit amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqType=faq#1z1tQEmqhVzvU5kV.99

Edited by Ourusualbeach

If your still in that 2+ day mark I would call and ask about their guarantee. I know someone who was over the 48 hour mark buy about 4 hours and. They got it. It ever hurts to ask.

I did call twice at 8am when they opened and again at 8:20 (different person)...sometimes you get different responses from different people

Neither one could help out. :(

At first you said you were in the 50% penalty but if your cruise is 2 1/2 months away you should only be in the "lose your deposit" penalty stage.

6 Nights or longer

75+ No charges

74-57 Deposit amount

56-29 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

28-15 75% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Read more at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqType=faq#1z1tQEmqhVzvU5kV.99

There was no deposit. I was only given the option to pay in full when I booked. I couldn't select "pay deposit amount" or the "pay different amount" buttom.

I made a mistake on the penalty now that I'm reading my paperwork. If I cancel AFTER 1/11/16 (but before 1/29/16) it's $250 per person. That would be $500 and the price difference is only $470. The 50% penalty was AFTER 1/29/16

I would go ahead and fill out the RCL Best Price guarantee form that is on their website. Like Ken said above if you are close to the 48 hours they "may" still give you the credit. You have nothing to lose by filling it out

Not even an option:

"We are unable to process your claim. Your reservation was made outside the 48 hour timeframe." (We're sorry our customer service folks weren't even working at your 48 deadline)

Looking further into this.... I went into book a new cruise as if I were a new customer the BOGO and up to $300 OBC are no longer available (on this cruise) even though it was extended thru 2/14/16.

So I've learned that the promotions they run are not even a "deal" and just to wait until there are no promos. Because we got BOGO and $200 OBC and still are paying more.

Lesson learned!!!