PVP says flavored teas now $$$

LMaxwell

I can understand removing multiple flavors on the Lido deck. I am sure some people just rob the box blind. That's the problem with an honor system. Some people just have no honor.

But I don't think they should charge for it in the dining rooms and restaurants; just serve it upon request.

I agree.I have seen people take a handful of tea bags. If they do this several times a cruise they have enough for a couple of months at home.

Honestly would not mind a charge for tea time. It's gotten way too crowded and it's so hard to get tea, refills for said tea, or a single pastry now. They never appear to be prepared for the amount of people that show up.

If they upgrade the offerings a bit, I'm more than fine with a charge. Just don't eliminate it. For

Honestly would not mind a charge for tea time. It's gotten way too crowded and it's so hard to get tea, refills for said tea, or a single pastry now. They never appear to be prepared for the amount of people that show up.

If they upgrade the offerings a bit, I'm more than fine with a charge. Just don't eliminate it. For

There have been quite a few people there, but I have never experienced a wait for anything. Maybe they are just efficient on the Glory.

I can tell you with 100% guarantee that I will not pay for tea time. That is the only time I drink tea so quite frankly I will do without. I will miss the scones and cream, but that just means that I can have Chocolate Melting Cake on those nights for dessert :)

I don't remember tea time on the Splendor and it's not listed on the website when I look at the Paradise so I guess I'll never get to try it :(

Its not really listed much on their website and it can be hard to find in the dailies but every sea day, every ship at 3pm.

It was in the middle mdr on Paradise.

How much will they charge is the question.

Its not really listed much on their website and it can be hard to find in the dailies but every sea day, every ship at 3pm.

It was in the middle mdr on Paradise.

Hmmmmmm I got to go check my review because I literally cannot remember if I made it to tea or not :-/

Well, I guess I will have to drink the Lipton or bring my own. I love English Breakfast Tea.

But wait, here's my theory, they will add another level after Diamond, and they will add in the "perk" of free flavored teas and cabin steward service 2x a day. See, they're not taking anything away, they are incentivizing you to cruise more. :D We just need to think outside the box.

Edited by carynh

There was no wait on Victory. Service was just fine. A selection of scones, sweets, finger sandwiches, and a box of assorted teas presented. I'm not sure how they could upgrade this but I'm willing to listen to ideas. I've only ever been to a tea time a few times in life so maybe I just don't know what else I am missing.

Frankly I'm shocked they would do this move before, say, eliminating MDR lunch to save costs. I go to the MDR for lunch whenever it is open but it is always for 60 to 90 minutes and very sparsely attended. Surely that costs them more than tea time does. And I strongly prefer MDR over Lido.

I can understand removing multiple flavors on the Lido deck. I am sure some people just rob the box blind. That's the problem with an honor system. Some people just have no honor.

But I don't think they should charge for it in the dining rooms and restaurants; just serve it upon request.

I totally agree.

Coffee drinkers have always paid for their "flavored" coffee, even in the MDR. It shouldn't be a deal breaker on whether or not you like Carnival, but to each their own. It's vacation, as long as I know what I will have to pay for, I'm good with that. Just hate surprise costs once I'm in vacation mode. Be an educated passenger and you'll know how to plan :).

I bring my own tea anyway.

I like a cup after dinner, but it seems that the wait staff is so overworked that it takes forever to get a cup of tea there.

I have enjoyed going to tea time, but often it is hard to get a refill of hot water.

Apparently the water is dear...

I also like to order tea from room service. Especially on winter cruises.

Tea Time does seem to have gotten larger over the years...the first couple times we did it, it didn't seem to be that heavily attended, but it's gotten to be quite the event in recent years. We enjoy doing it, but I really doubt that we'd do it if they start charging for it. It's not worth being charged for IMHO.

I've not been to tea time onboard but I do enjoy a cup of lemon , orange or peppermint on occasion. But usually it's for my sinus/allergies. Makes my throat feel better. I may just bring a few bags of my new fav Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus. I don't mind paying for it but I don't want to have to track it down. I just want the hot water and tea bag a wham oooo. done. :D

According to PVP only 2 flavors of tea will be offered in Lido. No more flavored teas at Lido available. Flavored teas only offered in dining rooms and restaurants and for a charge, not sure how much. Tea Time will be a $$$ event; not sure how much they will charge. Basic tea will be available in MDR at no charge still.

This is just FYI. No need to play kill the messenger.

So bring your own.

Surprise, surprise, indeed. I don't know if it's possible for any Carnival cutback to surprise me at this point. Cutbacks seem to be the norm, not the exception with Carnival.

I started bringing my own tea selection on my Carnival cruises (I drink hot tea like most other caffeine addicts drink coffee:o) a few years ago, when they cutback form Bigelow or some other recognizable tea to that nasty, non-tea-tasting, shredded-up crap in a bag. I don't remember the brand name, but it looked like long-dead lawn clippings, and tasted like something much worse.

Thank you, OP: this is one more Carnival cutback I'm glad I know about before I board so that I can avoid disappointment during my cruise. And it's just one more thing on the ever-growing list of former elements of a Carnival cruise that I now have to DIY.:rolleyes:

OK Carnival. NOW you've got my attention. No more flavored teas??? I really enjoy the English Breakfast tea in the morning, a cup or two of Earl Gray in the afternoon, and an orange or lemon herbal tea with dessert in the MDR.

I've never been a big fan of the afternoon tea, so I won't miss that. The food -- and the service -- there were both underwhelming. But I've been a big fan of the specialty (non-Lipton!!!) teas.

Ugh. Guess I'll be packing my own. :mad:

Honestly, I am pretty miffed about this. I can't drink sugary drinks, so my options are limited to dreadful unsweet tea, even more dreadful coffee, or packing around water and drinks I carried on while I roam the ship. I cruise in the fall, and always have sinus issues that time of year. I easily drink 4 or more cups of tea a day on fall cruises. I drink it in the morning for breakfast, go to Lido for more tea or order room service tea in the afternoon, and get two more cups of tea from Lido before retiring for the evening. I can buy a whole box of tea bags for just a little more than one bag will cost me.

I have been checking fares on other cruise lines daily, and Carnival is no longer the lowest fares. They are going to have to lower their prices if they want to keep nickeling and diming every little thing. What's next? Pay toilets in all cabins and public spaces?