PVP says flavored teas now $$$

LMaxwell

I guess I don't understand the big deal. As a coffee drinker, we are provided 2 options, regular or decaf. I like some variety so I bring my Starbucks Via packets and don't feel that this a problem. I just don't let little things ruin my vacation, the less drama and negativity the better.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I guess I don't understand the big deal. As a coffee drinker, we are provided 2 options, regular or decaf. I like some variety so I bring my Starbucks Via packets and don't feel that this a problem. I just don't let little things ruin my vacation, the less drama and negativity the better.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

It's just another chip away from the classic cruise experience.

I don't think anyone has expressed that this will ruin their vacation or been very dramatic about it.

I totally agree.

Coffee drinkers have always paid for their "flavored" coffee, even in the MDR. It shouldn't be a deal breaker on whether or not you like Carnival, but to each their own. It's vacation, as long as I know what I will have to pay for, I'm good with that. Just hate surprise costs once I'm in vacation mode. Be an educated passenger and you'll know how to plan :).

Not true. Remember when cappuccino was free in the MDR? I do. It wasn't even that long ago - 2011ish, I believe.;)

I don't think anyone is saying it's a deal breaker. It's just one more degradation of the Carnival cruise product that sadly, so many of us have been 'trained' by Carnival to expect. A little complaining doesn't mean we're saying it will "ruin" our cruise or that it's a "deal breaker".

As for your last two sentences, I am in complete agreement. The reason I am on these boards constantly after booking another Carnival cruise is one part excitement about the upcoming cruise and two parts research to make myself aware of the cutbacks Carnival has instituted since my last cruise with them. There are always several.

Soon they will remove shampoo and soap. Give it another year

They already downgraded the soap from the decent, green BienVenue soap to that cheap, crappy, white cake in the bag labeled "SOAP" a few years ago.:mad: There's another thing I have to bring with me.

Maybe by the time I get to go on my first cruise in April i'll have to pay for the Ice tea, lemon aid, Self serve ice cream, water fountain, punch a lunch card for the lunch buffet and breakfast buffet.

Even though I paid for my cruise 6 months.

I can understand removing multiple flavors on the Lido deck. I am sure some people just rob the box blind. That's the problem with an honor system. Some people just have no honor.

But I don't think they should charge for it in the dining rooms and restaurants; just serve it upon request.

Exactly what happens! I have personally seen people on two different cruises grab what has to be between 10-15 tea bags and leave with them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I like a cup of hot tea while the grand kids play on the slides. Soon I'll have to be sure to take a roll of quarters with me to the slides on Carnival to pay the the per use fee located there.

41MGkQwiO4L._SY300_.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing is to replace the D.J. on the Lido deck with a juke box. Swipe your S&S card and select three songs. :rolleyes:

Per JH..........

Here is what is included for no charge at all and is 100% included in the price of the cruise:

• Lipton English Breakfast Tea

• Lipton Decaf Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

• Coffee and Decaf Coffee

Also included at no charge are:

A selection of a dozen different fresh cream cakes and pastries

Chocolate treats

Finger sandwiches - no crust

Cookies

Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

The Art Of Tea is one of the leading tea importers in the United States. Art of Tea custom blends carefully selected fair trade tea from around the world and their teas are offered in some of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world. Here is the selection

• Carnival Tropical Blend Herbal Tea

• Earl Grey Crème

• Organic Breakfast Tea

• Green Mint

• Jasmine Reserve

• White Coconut Crème

• Egyptian Chamomile

• French Lemon Ginger

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave. Seriously, these are very special teas indeed so if you want to have one the cost is $1.95.

I suspect that this came about because Carnival was throwing more unused tea away than was getting used. If there was enough of a demand they would have kept the tea varieties.

I doubt it. If the tea was unused, they would just leave it in the tea box until it got used. Tea bags don't have "best by" dates printed on them. Who's going to know that they are getting served years-old tea (unless it's gone stale or musty, etc.)? And why would Carnival throw it away?

This is a cost cutting move, just like all the other cutbacks. Plain and simple.

I would have been very disappointed if Tea Time became a $$$ event, but I have no problem with a charge for fancy teas, just like fancy coffees. I can't imagine paying, but a hot cup of English Breakfast with my sweets and sandwiches is fine with me. My daughter will be happy so long as there is strawberries and cream.

Per JH..........

Here is what is included for no charge at all and is 100% included in the price of the cruise:

• Lipton English Breakfast Tea

• Lipton Decaf Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

• Coffee and Decaf Coffee

Also included at no charge are:

A selection of a dozen different fresh cream cakes and pastries

Chocolate treats

Finger sandwiches - no crust

Cookies

Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

The Art Of Tea is one of the leading tea importers in the United States. Art of Tea custom blends carefully selected fair trade tea from around the world and their teas are offered in some of the finest hotels and restaurants in the world. Here is the selection

• Carnival Tropical Blend Herbal Tea

• Earl Grey Crème

• Organic Breakfast Tea

• Green Mint

• Jasmine Reserve

• White Coconut Crème

• Egyptian Chamomile

• French Lemon Ginger

These teas will be individually wrapped and come in an eco-friendly, biodegradable pyramid sachet and were picked by hand and placed gently intop a cart that was pulled by a Yak, called Dave. Seriously, these are very special teas indeed so if you want to have one the cost is $1.95.

Issue with these Art of Tea is the preparation. Each one requires a different water temp for optimal flavor. These are high end teas. Too bad the Earl Grey has vanilla in it.

http://www.artoftea.com/tea.html?p=2

I doubt it. Who looks at a tea bags date before using it.

Tea bag packets don't even have dates. And the "best by" date on the box they come in is about 2 years out. Who would really think that a huge cruise line isn't using up a few tea bags on each ship within a couple years?

But of course, if one is trying to spin this so that it's the customers' fault (not drinking the tea / not enough demand) and not just another, typical Carnival cutback...

Issue with these Art of Tea is the preparation. Each one requires a different water temp for optimal flavor. These are high end teas. Too bad the Earl Grey has vanilla in it.

http://www.artoftea.com/tea.html?p=2

Not my cup of tea. Some of those images look like what I feed my horses! :eek:

Edited by sanmarcosman

Tea bag packets don't even have dates. And the "best by" date on the box they come in is about 2 years out. Who would really think that a huge cruise line isn't using up a few tea bags on each ship within a couple years?

But of course, if one is trying to spin this so that it's the customers' fault (not drinking the tea / not enough demand) and not just another, typical Carnival cutback...

Kind of like the whole drink coupon debacle. It was our fault for not using it during Sea Day Brunch so it got taken away and replaced with the last day one. Blame the customer.

I find it both sad and comical that they would feel the need to charge for a stinking tea bag. It's going to be more of a pain than what it's worth. So not only do the servers have to get you and all the other people at Tea Time their sandwiches, desserts, and hot water, but have to go around gathering cards and swiping them. Then having them sign receipts? Sounds ridiculous to me. Will there be a 15% gratuity added to it too?!

Edited by firemanbobswife