Beach House. Azura

spf

Hi hope someone out there will be able to help.

Travelling on Azura in August just wanted to know whether Beach House is prebookable before departure. Was on Aurora last year not sure about Azura though. Thanks

Not really sure about booking before departure, but when we were on azura couple of weeks ago, we went there several times without booking, and it wasn't a problem, but you can also book on board. Once we went there and had a small wait, ..15 minutes or so..but that was at peak time (8ish)they just gave us a pager, which sounded when our table was ready.

Hi hope someone out there will be able to help.

Travelling on Azura in August just wanted to know whether Beach House is prebookable before departure. Was on Aurora last year not sure about Azura though. Thanks

Beachouse is NOT bookable on Azura or Ventura. Opens at 1830hrs and operates a first come first serve service, after about ten tables are covered they operate a pager system as Sammydo said. It seems to be busier as the cruise gets into its' second week and people discover it. A £5 cover charge applies. Recommended.

Martyn

Edited by mkh999
Details added

It's not pre-bookable on Azura, which is a pain as far as I'm concerned as I hate queuing for dinner. We arrived just before 6:30pm, only to find that a table for two would not be available until 8:00pm. We just sauntered off to the Glass House instead (which I prefer :D).

We used to love Sorrento until they changed it to the Beach Hut, but nothing on the menu appeals to me. It just seems like fast food to me :-(

Which is exactly what it is meant to be, an american diner ;)

IMO there is evidence that P&O are trying to change it into a restaurant, at least on Oceana which does not have an Epicurian etc.

I think there is a similar problem developing with the Glass House. I have never tried the original on Azura but the renamed Ramblas on Ventura was an excellent place for a drink with food if you wanted it, so much so that it was my favourite bar. I tried the new one on Aurora but what a difference. The bar area was a lot smaller and not at all comfortable. A lot of the seating was tall stools which IMO are not suitable for an aging demographic ;) The Britannia version was even worse with a smaller bar and a stroppy manager who tried to seat me out of the way around the corner. When i said i wanted to sit at THAT table he said you can't it is reserved for people returning from excursions, pull the other one :rolleyes: Anyway he went away so I asked a passing waiter to set the table for me, certainly she cheerfully replied. Needless to say i did not eat there again.

We will probably find the Glass House concept changing into a cover charge restaurant where you have to reserve a table. :mad:

• 1 month later...