Beach and drinks

ttonnka3

Half Moon Cay is Carnivals Private island if your now aware (as mentioned by above poster) and it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the carribean!

Most beaches will have a beach with at least a bar right on the beach - it all just depends.

One of my personal favorites is Megans Bay and some times they have someone walking around serving and other times you just have to do a short walk to the great friendly bar (Try a pain killer drink if you ever go!).

After several visits to the carribean, i'd avoid public beaches without research. SOME (Not all - i've been to some that are amazing) - but SOME are full with nonstop 100% of people coming by trying to sell you drugs, magic fingers, bracelets, tshirts, and any other item you saw when leaving hte cruise port. Many carribean islands offer beaches that charge around $5 that don't allow ANY kind of solicitation other than the friendly bar service roaming the beach.

Do you already have a cruise booked with your destinations outlined or a specific place in mind?

Half Moon Cay is Carnivals Private island if your now aware (as mentioned by above poster) and it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the carribean!

Most beaches will have a beach with at least a bar right on the beach - it all just depends.

One of my personal favorites is Megans Bay and some times they have someone walking around serving and other times you just have to do a short walk to the great friendly bar (Try a pain killer drink if you ever go!).

After several visits to the carribean, i'd avoid public beaches without research. SOME (Not all - i've been to some that are amazing) - but SOME are full with nonstop 100% of people coming by trying to sell you drugs, magic fingers, bracelets, tshirts, and any other item you saw when leaving hte cruise port. Many carribean islands offer beaches that charge around $5 that don't allow ANY kind of solicitation other than the friendly bar service roaming the beach.

Do you already have a cruise booked with your destinations outlined or a specific place in mind?

I am looking at Half moon cay and Belize huge dilemma here :D:confused:

Another vote for Half Moon Cay, HAL's Private Island. ;)

(Carnival only uses the island when there are no HAL ships. HAL leaves the Caribbean from mid to end of April

until mid October and Carnival uses it all those months. They also use HMC winter if no HAL ships scheduled.)

It is a slice of Paradise. :)

Edited by sail7seas

On literally hundreds of beaches around the world.

You are so right.

One of my all time favorite beaches is in Marbella, Spain. We stayed in a fabulous resort hotel on the beach and it was outstanding. :)

...After several visits to the carribean, i'd avoid public beaches without research. SOME (Not all - i've been to some that are amazing) - but SOME are full with nonstop 100% of people coming by trying to sell you drugs, magic fingers, bracelets, tshirts, and any other item you saw when leaving hte cruise port. Many carribean islands offer beaches that charge around $5 that don't allow ANY kind of solicitation other than the friendly bar service roaming the beach.

Which Caribbean islands have private beaches? I thought they were universally public...